We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus from Assisi to Siena

Which Assisi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
62 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
bus from Assisi to Siena

I want to travel from Assisi to Siena on Saturday, Oct. 6, but I just checked the Sena website and it doesn't show Siena as a destination. Is there a bus that goes to Siena, or what are my alternatives to get to Siena? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Assisi, Italy
Level Contributor
508 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bus from Assisi to Siena

the website sais that the Sena bus from Santa Maria degli angeli (near Assisi) and Siena cannot be booked just now but you have to try again in a few days. Please try again later as teh service is generally available.

You could go by train but it takes 3-4 hours and several changes, quite inconvenient if you have heavy luggage

see www.trenitalia.it

Edited: 23 August 2012, 22:37
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
62 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bus from Assisi to Siena

Thanks for the information. Is it a good idea to make reservations for the bus? We will be in Assisi for 3 days before we leave for Siena. Would that be soon enough to get tickets?

Assisi, Italy
Level Contributor
655 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bus from Assisi to Siena

Yes, bus for Siena in early October and no, no need at all to book in advance...

Glad you will be in Assisi for Oct 4th and the Feast of ST Francis and also on teh 5th for the Fiera di San Francesco....!

4. Re: bus from Assisi to Siena

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2013, 10:16