We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Brigid's Guest House (Swedish Sisters)

Lowell...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
St Brigid's Guest House (Swedish Sisters)

Thinking about this as a lodging for 8 women doing a week of study and reflection together. Anyone stayed here recently? Pros and cons? Email communication with the nuns has been quite prompt and lovely, getting a good vibe, but best to check it out if possible. Experiences and opinions welcome. Thanks.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St Brigid's Guest House (Swedish Sisters)

I don't know this lodging, but the position is convenient for what you want to do. It's on a bus route that goes to central Assisi in one direction and to the train station in the other direction.

Sorry I can't help you more, but my answer will at least bump your question back up to the first page.

Assisi, Italy
Level Contributor
655 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St Brigid's Guest House (Swedish Sisters)

I would recommend staying in the centro storico of Assisi..rather than outside the walls...wondrous to walk the medieval backstreets early am and late evening...best to have Assisi right outside your door!

Brentwood, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: St Brigid's Guest House (Swedish Sisters)

I am an Anglican Priest and frequently stay with the Swedish sisters. The convent is safe, the sisters are lovely, and it is a good base from which to explore Assisi. Bus C from the station (ask the driver for "Suore Svedese") and the stop is outside the convent. They will give you a key so that you can come and go at anytime. They do lunch and dinner as options and the food is good (and the wine is cheap!). I am looking forward to returning there for a few days at the end of February.

Brentwood, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: St Brigid's Guest House (Swedish Sisters)

I am an Anglican Priest and frequently stay with the Swedish sisters. The convent is safe, the sisters are lovely, and it is a good base from which to explore Assisi. Bus C from the station (ask the driver for "Suore Svedese") and the stop is outside the convent. They will give you a key so that you can come and go at anytime. They do lunch and dinner as options and the food is good (and the wine is cheap!). I am looking forward to returning there for a few days at the end of February.

Assisi, Italy
Level Contributor
655 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: St Brigid's Guest House (Swedish Sisters)

yes, lovely sisters, lovely place..but I would stay inside the medieval walls for better Assisi exploration and easy evening access to events.

6. Re: St Brigid's Guest House (Swedish Sisters)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Assisi