We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Assisi area hotels?

Which Assisi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Assisi area hotels?

Anybody have any experience with hotels in or around the Assisi area?

Looking of one costing about 100-120 euro/night.

Matt

rockledge
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Assisi area hotels?

Matt, this may be a little late for you however i stayed in the Hotel Windsor Savoia in the ancient walled city of Assisi last June and found it to be delightful. The rooms were spacious enough and very clean as was the entire hotel. The food was fair and the service was excellent. The view, incredible. It is located close to the Basilica of Saint Francis. To get anywhere from the hotel is an uphill climb, so you will need to be at least partially fit. i would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again. Assisi is like a little piece of heaven. God bless you.

Gladewater, Texas
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Assisi area hotels?

I need the direct website to Hotel Giotto in Assisi - no one seems to know the direct link to the hotel - I heard it's great from the replies of TripAdvisor; however, I can I e-mail them directly to book a room and ask questions? Please help?

My e-mail - ALNCHANCE@AOL.com

Saint Marys, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,090 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Assisi area hotels?

http://www.hotelgiottoassisi.it/

jerryott@dtnspeed.net

assisi
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Assisi area hotels?

Umbria is a very nice place to visit all year round, The best period I recon is from march to june as the weather is not too hot and there are not so many tourists about, most italian tourists travel in july and august to Umbria. I sayed last year in April at Casa Rosa (www.casa-rosa.it). Placed very near to italy we rented a self catering apartment and had a memorable time of our life. Best way to travel is to fly in to Ancona with ryanair (www.ryanair.com) and rent a car with Hertz. This is the best way to discover umbria and the cheapest. Send me an email if you would like any further info. Regards amosgrima@yahoo.com

Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Assisi area hotels?

Hello DelicateOrnate:

This is truly a delightful hotel. Request a room with a view over the town and the valley below. Stay in the same building as the lobby.

Check out http://www.hotelgiottoassisi.it/e/index.htm

Have fun

Italy/Alaska
Level Contributor
1,572 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Assisi area hotels?

I have an apartment in Assisi that I rent to tourists-because I'm American, all the "amentities" are here, including ADSL/computer, washing machine, dishwasher, parking, etc. Mine and a few other apartments in the Assisi area for rent by owners are on the website: http://www.vrbo.com/49877.

When I first moved here, I stayed at the Hotel Ideale-I believe it is also recommended in Rick Steve's book...ask for the rooms with a terrace-tremendous view. They also have parking-which is difficult to find inside Assisi.

Italy/Alaska
Level Contributor
1,572 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Assisi area hotels?

My apartment is better than any hotel...has more amenitites and parking included. The price for one bedroom, 2 baths is comparable to that of a hotel but you don't have to pay for parking, internet, washing machine, cooking...etc.

www.vrbo.com My listing number is: 49877

I give last minute specials too!

Get answers to your questions about Assisi