We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus Foligno to Assisi, some clarification please

baltimore
Level Contributor
143 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Bus Foligno to Assisi, some clarification please

Hello, In October I am traveling from Loreto to Assisi, train from Loreto to Ancona, train from Ancona to Foligno, then I must take bus from Foligno to Assisi. On line I found the Bus Umbizia Mobilita that gave me schedule from Poligno Stazione LINE E415 to Passaggio di Assisi, 7 trips a day. A few questions please, when I arrive by train to Foligno, how do I get to the bus stazione for this bus, also on the schedule it says Sc which it states means scolastica, what does this mean, thanks for your assistance, the web site for this bus company does not have an english translation, best Kevin

1. Re: Bus Foligno to Assisi, some clarification please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2014, 12:32
baltimore
Level Contributor
143 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus Foligno to Assisi, some clarification please

very appreciative of such great advice, the train sounds much better to me than the bus, again thank you Kevin

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus Foligno to Assisi, some clarification please

IF you take the bus from Foligno to Assisi (Line E415), take one which goes to Piazza Matteotti in town. Otherwise, it's much faster to take the train to S.M. Angeli, then the local city bus up the hill to Assisi proper!!!

baltimore
Level Contributor
143 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus Foligno to Assisi, some clarification please

Thank you for your assistance. As an aside, few years ago I took train to Assisi and caught the bus to town, it left me off at the piazza where St. Francis church is located, I had to wait 30 minutes to get bus to take me up the hill to Saint Claire's Church which is where my hotel is. If I had stayed on the bus from train would it have taken me up the hill or do I need to get a certain bus from train that goes up the hill as again I am staying at hotel across from St. Claire's Church, thanks again, Kevin

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus Foligno to Assisi, some clarification please

The very same bus from the Assisi train station which stops near St. Francis Basilica CONTINUES on to Piazza Matteotti at the top of the Old Town. From the last stop, you can walk downhill to the Duomo and St. Claire's Basilica. Get off in Piazza Matteotti.

baltimore
Level Contributor
143 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus Foligno to Assisi, some clarification please

Very appreciative, God bless, Kevin

7. Re: Bus Foligno to Assisi, some clarification please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2015, 06:16