We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accademia Lingua Italiana Assisi - any reviews?

Which Assisi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,082 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Accademia Lingua Italiana Assisi - any reviews?

I'm strongly considering taking a two week class here next year and I'm wondering if anyone has any first-hand experience with them, or if any of the locals have any comments. They look great.

http://www.aliassisi.it/en

Thanks.

Edited: 05 June 2014, 22:27
1. Re: Accademia Lingua Italiana Assisi - any reviews?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2014, 12:32
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,082 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accademia Lingua Italiana Assisi - any reviews?

Yes, Jennifer, that's very helpful. I think I'm going to go ahead and take my chances. There are worse things than spending two weeks in the spectacularly beautiful town of Assisi. :-)

I'd love to hear if anyone else has any comments.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,082 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accademia Lingua Italiana Assisi - any reviews?

I neglected to say that I've been studying Italian for 10 years off and on and would consider myself at an intermediate to advanced level.

Lanaken, Belgium
Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accademia Lingua Italiana Assisi - any reviews?

My advice is to go to Tropea and study with Antonio Libertino at his B&B.. Tropea is wonderful and Antonio wil;l get inside your head and build your confidence. You'll end up speaking great Italian. Buy a couple of his books on Amazon and download the audio files for free first. http://www.italianoinitalia.com/

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,082 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accademia Lingua Italiana Assisi - any reviews?

John, I'm quite sure that there are many fine Italian language classes all over Italy and the one you mention sounds great. I'm hoping for feedback on this particular one in Assisi. Thanks.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accademia Lingua Italiana Assisi - any reviews?

I get it Michael.

I'd do anything to go back and spend a few more weeks in Assisi.

It's as good a reason as any! :-)

Oh, I took a brochure from that academy home with me.

Unfortunately I have no advice on it either way.

Good luck deciding.

Edited: 19 June 2014, 08:16
Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accademia Lingua Italiana Assisi - any reviews?

Friendly staff, patient knowledgable teaching, all in a very lovely setting. Grammar focus, same teacher for 4 hours (no exchanging of teachers between groups). Hidden charges (68€ for housing service, 68€ for textbook). Studied here one week, textbook fee waived -- photocopies provided instead. I did learn a lot, would have liked more conversation and livelier classroom activities, but strong dose of grammar was good medicine, I must admit. Housing service fee was fairly reasonable in that total housing cost (service fee, rent and utilities) for a nice apartment steps from the Acadamia in Old Assisi worked out to 41€ per day.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,082 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accademia Lingua Italiana Assisi - any reviews?

Thanks so much for the feedback, Wraymond. I'm really looking forward to going there in April.

Abilene, Texas
Level Contributor
182 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Accademia Lingua Italiana Assisi - any reviews?

Michael, I only saw your question on Assisi as a result of my linking to your handle so as to be able to send you a message thanking you for having the answer I needed for keeping my Italian phone number active with top-ups through the German company you recommended.

You may want to consider a homestay option as I have committed to do next year here: http://www.luciadezuani.com/index%20uk.html. The testimonials are persuasive, the costs reasonable, and I have found Lucia remarkably helpful. She came to my attention as a byproduct of my interest in going to the Italian Passion Play that is held every 5 years in a nearby community. See this: http://www.passionedicristo.org/en/. I asked Lucia to investigate getting tickets for this and she has it well under control so we will have good seats. She is on the ground, and has the opportunity to talk to the necessary people for getting good seats on a timely basis.

She also knows the ins and outs for a trip I want to make to Milan to see the Last Supper. She's got that under control. She has been most gracious, most helpful, and most kind and tender-hearted in her replies. In other words, she's a sincere person with a teacher's heart.

My interest in a homestay is for a greater sense of being behind the firewall, under the fabric, and have an exposure to Italian that is different from small group studies, even private one-on-one lessons, but where after the private lessons, one retires to a hotel room or what have you.

I did a language course in Sorrento a couple years ago and am doing one in Otranto at year's end this year. [I am in Barga, Italy, at this writing, simply relaxing and talking some Italian as well, of course, but not in a structured environment.]

So, while I cannot yet vouch from direct personal experience that this home stay program will be what I hope it to be, I am convinced it will be. I did extensive reading on testimonials and if you look at them, drill deep, and you'll find Lucia has all the hallmarks of providing, at least for me I will say, a much better learning environment.

All the above in mind, you may have particular interest in going to Assisi, so that having a language school there is an added benefit, when your main purpose may be to be in Assisi, and if that is the case, Lucia's homestay program would not fit the essential requirement of being in Assisi. At any rate, because you cared enough to offer the brilliant solution to my topping up my Italian SIM card to keep my number active, I wanted to take the time to offer an idea that you may find beneficial for your interest in Italian.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,082 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Accademia Lingua Italiana Assisi - any reviews?

Thanks so much, Howie, for taking the time to address this question. I'm committed to Assisi for this next trip, but I really like your suggestion of a homestay for a future trip to Italy. Our plan is to go every two years, and since I'm able to take longer vacations than my husband, this is a definite possibility for the time when I would be on my own.