We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trip to Assisi with Two Toddlers - Recommendations

Which Assisi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
24 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Day Trip to Assisi with Two Toddlers - Recommendations

We will be traveling with the extended family to Tuscany in two weeks. We'll be staying outside Sienna and the entire family is taking a day trip to Florence. We have a 3 and a 4 year old, so we wonder what sites would be great for the kids? Any suggestions on what we should do with these two little ones? What are great sites for young kids in Assisi? What sites would they like?

I believe that we will be in Assisi on 21 July.

My wife and I have never been to Assisi, so need the suggestions.

Thanks!

Assisi, Italy
Level Contributor
508 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Trip to Assisi with Two Toddlers - Recommendations

Note that end of July in central Italy can be very hot. I reccomend leaving early and planning to take it very easy in the middle of the day as otherwise the children will get very tired. Assisi is beautiful and safe to walk around with little children but being a historic town it does not have much to keep such yung kids entertained. You could drive to Eremo delle carceri, a monastery on the Subasio mountain and let them enjoy the greenery or have a picnic at the top of the mountain where, even in a hot day there is always breeze and a fantastic view.

north carolina
Level Contributor
6,420 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Trip to Assisi with Two Toddlers - Recommendations

We would certainly not take toddlers to Assisi. Too hot, too crowded, too hilly. I expect that they would be exhausted and quite fussy after the first 30 minutes. I don't think the town has anything to amuse them, nor any opportunities for them to rest.

Sorry, just one man's opinion

QQ2
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7,164 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Trip to Assisi with Two Toddlers - Recommendations

I would get a sitter for them and let them enjoy the villa or wherever you're staying. Agree with previous poster; it's no place for toddlers. Ditto Florence, Siena. Just one woman's opinion.

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,037 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day Trip to Assisi with Two Toddlers - Recommendations

Have your toddlers been on a train before? I traveled on a train from Chicago to Detroit with one 3 year old and it was murder for me.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
24 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day Trip to Assisi with Two Toddlers - Recommendations

Thanks! We'll take this one very cautiously. Good thing that we'll have many hands to help us with this one.

6. Re: Day Trip to Assisi with Two Toddlers - Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2015, 06:16