We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

University di stranieri?

Which Perugia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wollongong
Level Contributor
90 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
University di stranieri?

Has anyone studied italian at the university? I'm thinking of a short course, 2 -3 weeks. Did they arrange accommodation and what was it like?

Thanks

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,409 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: University di stranieri?

This university has a good reputation. I know a German family in our town whose daughter studied there. She was quite satisfied; however, I think her course was a year long. I don't know if they arrange accommodation, but I'm sure they can tell you how to find a room.

Perugia
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: University di stranieri?

I did a 3 month course which was excellent. The minimum period is one month. They do not arrange accommodation but advise.

perth
Level Contributor
1,759 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: University di stranieri?

Hi Koorianda, two of us did a month at the Uni per stranieri in Perugia 5 years ago. we arranged the flight to Rome, accommodation and uni course through a travel agent here in Perth a package deal .( wouldn't recommend him tho' was really not much help).

Anyway, the course was advertised as 20 hours per week, but it actually was only 15 hours, as each hour was 45 minutes of work and 15 min break.

The classes were all conducted in Italian and if you know very little already it is pretty hard to keep up.

Our co-students included Brazilians, who spoke Spanish, an Australian girl who was fluent in Japanese, a Pole, an Israeli, a Swede , a German and a couple of Asians...most of these had learned some Italian already so found it easier than we two did.

Having said all that negative sounding stuff, we were glad we went and actually learned more than we realised...we have continued studying, and have just returned from 5 weeks in Italy where we used Italian as much as possible and were understood.

See if you can get accommodation with a private family who is willing to help you with speaking Italian in the home...you REALLY do need to use what you learn while you are there.

We loved Perugia and found it very convenient for travelling to nearby places. Some days we only went to school from 9-11 am so had the rest of the day to travel elsewhere..Assisi, Gubbio, even Florence one day after school.we went to the Cinque Terre one weekend, a rushed trip but we did go back for a week just last month.

please let us know what you decide. good luck. GO ! lennyb

perth
Level Contributor
1,759 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: University di stranieri?

P.S. have a look in the Lucca forum. there is a post there re the Koine language school. We have just spent a month in Lucca, you'd love it there , too, a bit more compact than Perugia and lots of opportunities to use the language. lennyb

5. Re: University di stranieri?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 06:22