We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chocolate festival

yodaboyo
Level Contributor
127 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Chocolate festival

My husband is a choclohalic! We are going to be in the area....Southeast of Siena...during the Chocolate festival. Our question is...has anyone gone? What is it like? Is it worth the trip? Any ideas or suggestions?

Thank you!

Montelparo, Italy
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
470 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chocolate festival

You can be noticed from the Umbrian torist office signing on with the newsletter.We have not been but every year attracts thousends of visitors.

www.regioneumbria.eu

Umbria
Level Contributor
69 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chocolate festival

If you really love chocolate, you should definitely go... However, just to warn you, it is EXTREMELY crowded and commercial. You might want to try the "Altrocioccolato" (lit. "other chocolate") festival in Castiglione del Lago on Lake Trasimeno - usually takes place around the same time as EuroChocolate in Perugia and is smaller with more artiginal chocolate.

Mentioned in this post
Lake Trasimeno
Lake Trasimeno
1,222 Reviews
Perugia, Italy
yodaboyo
Level Contributor
127 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Chocolate festival

@Jennifer...darn, unfortunately we'll be in that area just after the "Altrocioccolato" festival. Perhaps, we could just have the windows open to savor the sweetness as we drive by Perugia...if it's too much of a mad house.

Umbria
Level Contributor
69 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chocolate festival

I don't want to discourage you - because it can be fun...but it is definitely a mad house! :-)

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
4,819 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chocolate festival

I found the website for the Altrocioccolato but I can't seem to find the dates for 2012. Would someone please direct me to the correct link for the 2012 event? Thanks!

Boston...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chocolate festival

Would you please post any 2012 information? Thank you.

SoCal
Level Contributor
1,238 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chocolate festival

I've been reading various web sites which have the date for the Altrocioccolato festival as October 12-14. Has anyone else see these dates and/or can verify that they are the "official" dates for the festival?

Assisi, Italy
Level Contributor
508 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chocolate festival

the official site for altrocioccolato is here

http://www.altrocioccolato.it/

Much nicer than eurochocolate indeed.

yodaboyo
Level Contributor
127 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Chocolate festival

Is there any site where it can be read in English? Thank you.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
71 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Chocolate festival

I too would be interested in knowing more details about this Altrocioccolato festival since we will be in the area around this same time.

Tried translating the page (Italian to English) with Babble but didn't get much info about the actual festival itself (for instance, exactly where it's being held and what times).

Would really appreciate more info from the locals on here if you wouldn't mind translating some of the basic info on this website.

Thanks so much,

JLH