We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

about the trenitalia web site

Which Perugia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
216 posts
1 review
Save Topic
about the trenitalia web site

Hi,

In this morning, I tried to book the on line ticket. e,g from Monterosso to Firenze, and from Perugia to Napoli. But they required I must be register. But in fact, I already register a few months ago, Everytime I log in, they say I am failed . So that I send them the email and they send me the same user ID and password, But I still failed to log in. I tried to use all combination, small letter, capital letter. But IT FAULED. I am so frustrated to do that.

What can I do now. So sad.....;(((((

Turin
Level Contributor
4,880 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: about the trenitalia web site

You're not required to be registered to buy tickets or check the timetable. What's exactly the problem? Where are you going and when?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
82,271 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: about the trenitalia web site

Actually, it looks as if you now do have to be registered. When you get to the point just before you quote your card number, you have to give a user name and password. This seems very silly, given the problems that Trenitalia has apparently had with its registration system.

However, it seems it is still possible to buy without registration by using the old interface that is still available through www.trenitalia.com/homepage_en.html

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,409 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: about the trenitalia web site

The old interface is now just a front for the new one, so that won't work.

You might want to try booking through the foreign affiliate, www.italiarail.com .

Also, from Monterosso and from Perugia, most of the trains are regional trains. You shouldn't book regional trains online, as the bookings are rather restricted. There is no advantage to advance booking as they don't have reserved seats and they never have discounts. It's better to buy these tickets online. Once you've established the itinerary, book just the trains that are NOT regional trains.

Edited: 25 May 2013, 09:19
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
82,271 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: about the trenitalia web site

The old interface still has an option for "I want to pursue the purchase without registering". By using this, I can get up to the point where I would have to enter my card details. I did try this before posting reply #2.

But I agree that there is really no point in buying Monterosso to Florence in advance online. The cost savings would be minimal, and the trains will not sell out.

Edited: 25 May 2013, 09:27
Turin
Level Contributor
4,880 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: about the trenitalia web site

I am on the English page on trenitalia.com and there are two radio buttons. The first says "I'm registered" and the second "I'm not registered". When you select this last one it says that if you buy as a non registered customer they won't give any invoice.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
216 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: about the trenitalia web site

Hi guys,

I have settled the issue. I asked them again for the password and they send me a new password again. But in fact, there isn't required any register in some destinations. But it do require registeration in some area. e.g. from Monterosso to Florence. Anyway, thanks for all of your contributive effort.

But I got another questions.

I plan to leave from Genova to Venice on 19/7. But the train leaves from afternoon and it is around 17 pm upon arrival of Venice, it is a bit late for me, The priice is 28 Euro. (The lowest price is around 18 Euro). Shall I wait for 8th June to find a better option? I am a bit worried there is quite difficult to get a ticket during the summer .

Thanks in advance.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,409 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: about the trenitalia web site

I think you must have forgotten to enter the time of day you want to leave. When I check this route, I see departures both in the morning and the afternoon.

This is a complicated route, and often the solutions shown involve regional trains, whose tickets, as I said above, should be bought at a train station when you get to Italy. If you want to buy in advance, I suggest avoiding any regional trains. For example, there is a solution leaving Genova at 9:19, and arriving in Venice at 14:10, with a change of train in Milan. This is probably the best solution, with only one change of train. Most of the others have two changes of train.

8. Re: about the trenitalia web site

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2014, 05:16