Save Topic
Our Switzerland plan - it might help someone!

Day 1

Arrive at Zurich airport

We bought the Swiss Pass at the airport and went for this tour: http://www.freewalk.ch/zurich/

Day 2:

We went from Zurich to Lucerne.

Golden round trip - > (I got this tip from some other forum post.)

Start early in the morning and from Kries - gondolas and cable car to Pilatus Kulm and the other side back by cogwheel train and boat. This is how you will have less waiting times as the tour buses do the round trip the other way around.

If you want to take the cable car up from Kriens you are better off taking the bus. The Kriens train station is still a considerable walk from the cable cars. And you don't need to buy anything in Kriens. (www.pilatus.ch/en/railway-cableways/prices/)

End of the day, we headed to Meiringen, it is an hour train from Lucerne.

We stayed there overnight in Meiringen – Hotel Adler Central (booked directly 2 rooms with 2 beds for CHF 195 in total.)

Day 3

We spent some time at Meiringen. There's

- Sherlock holmes museum

- You can take a train to Aare Gorge – 10 mins train and to Reichenbachfall from Aare gorge.

We took a train from Meiringen to Interlaken – It takes about 33 mins.

From Interlaken we headed to Schilthorn. Here's what covered under swiss pass:

o Cable car from Mürren to Schilthorn: 50% off

o Cable car from Stechelberg to Mürren: free with pass

o Train and cable car to Mürren: free with pass

o Train and bus to Stechelberg: free with pass. The final cable car ride takes you to the Schilthorn summit at an altitude of 9750 feet.

We went to Brig from Interlaken. Brig is a beautiful city. Infact all cities are beautiful in Switzerland. We had dinner near the hotel (Good Night Inn - CHF 109/night)

Day 4

We went to Lugano and saw the Italian side of Switzerland. We also saw Belinzona on our way back to Zurich.

@Lugano:

Headed up one of the funiculars on monte bre or monte san salvatore. The views are stunning.

Lake Lugano – covered by swiss pass

Swiss Miniature

We headed to Zurich and stayed there that night.

Day 5

We took a train to Bern and then to Broc from Zurich.

From Bern we went to Broc Chocolcate Factory and cheese factory.

Overall our trip was awesome! I'll update with more information when I get time.