We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jungfrau, top of europe in June !

Chicago
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
jungfrau, top of europe in June !

Hi,

I will be visiting Switzerland with my husband from June 13th to June 23th.I was wondering if we need any winter jacket/thick coat while we are in jungfrau, top of europe ?? Please suggest as I have little idea about how the temperature would be like. I have packed a light spring jacket though I am guessing the weather would be wonderful in June.

Anyone pls suggest.

Thank you very much.

Howick, South Africa
Level Contributor
795 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: jungfrau, top of europe in June !

We were there last June and went to the top. A light spring jacket won't help as it's COLD up there; snow all the time and a whacking great glacier to boot!

Lots of layers, a thick jacket, gloves, scarf and boots are the order of the day. Plus, a backpack or similar to store them as you peel off layers on your way down.

Schwyz, Switzerland
Level Contributor
7,073 posts
526 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: jungfrau, top of europe in June !

Right now its rainy in Switzerland.Up on top you fave expect temperatures about 30-50° Fahrenheit,what means -1-+10°Celsius,also depending on winds or sunshine

Haverhill, United...
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: jungfrau, top of europe in June !

Layers is the answer! The higher up you go the colder it becomes. Take a backpack with you for your extra pullovers, hat,etc.

Upstate NY USA
Level Contributor
141 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: jungfrau, top of europe in June !

I visited once at end of May, and will be going again just after you are there end of June.

Conditions can vary greatly and sun, wind or precipitation can make a big difference. The other factor is how long do you want to be outside when you are there. You can always go out and come back inside to warm up.

I will have hat and gloves, 2 shirt layers and a coat. If it's colder than that can handle we will spend less time outside since we don't want to pack any more than that just for the few hours of one day we are up there.

5. Re: jungfrau, top of europe in June !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 16:19