We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestion for 3adys in Switzerland

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
249 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Suggestion for 3adys in Switzerland

We are a family of 4 with two kids, 13 and 5 yr boys. We are on a budget. We will be in switzeland for 3 days our 1st visit. After staying two days in Paris, we want to take afternoon TGV to Basel or Geneva and continue to Interlaken (2 nights) with a swiss pass. Plan to visit Schilithron and Jungfraujoch the next day. Is that possible in one full day? Following morning take train to Zermat by 11am. Planning to go Matterhorn gracier paradise and Gornergrat peak the same day (11-7pm). Sleep in Zermatt and next before cathing flight out of Geneva at 7pm, vist Bern and Geneva to do a 60-90 minute city tour if possible.

Am I planning too much in 3 days? We love mountains and not too much interested in cities. I really love to do some Glacier Express trip. Is it possible to fit that in schedule? Can we skip Bern/Geneva tour to get Glacier Express trip and reach GVA by 5pm? Should I skip Zermatt? I think both jungfraujoch and Matternhorn would be wonderfull. Can't decide if I should skip one.

Any suggestions?

1. Re: Suggestion for 3adys in Switzerland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2010, 06:16