We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Basel / Wengen / Jungfraujoch

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Basel / Wengen / Jungfraujoch

Hi,

I will be in Switzerland for 4 days in the next couple of weeks and Wengen will be my base.

Day 1 - Arrive at Basel. Do some sightseeing around Basel (3-4 hours) before getting on the train to Wengen. I am not sure what can I squeeze in for a 3 hour trip. I was thinking of just walking around the town.

Day 2- Weather permitting, take the train to Jungfraujoch. Then take the train to Interlaken and go for a cruise.

I have a question here. If the visibility is not good on that day, does it mean that it will be the same at Schilthorn too?

Day 3 - Still undecided if I should head to Murren or Lauterbrunnen.

Day 4 - Wengen to Zurich Airport.

Mentioned in this post
Wengen
Wengen
Jungfrau Region, Switzerland
Basel
Basel
Canton of Basel, Switzerland
Jungfraujoch
Jungfraujoch
2,529 Reviews
Bernese Oberland, Switzerland
Interlaken
Interlaken
Bernese Oberland, Switzerland
Schilthorn
Schilthorn
1,837 Reviews
Murren, Switzerland
Murren
Murren
Lauterbrunnen
Lauterbrunnen
Zurich Airport
Zurich Airport
Zurich, Switzerland
Schilthorn Attractions and Cableway...
22 Reviews
from US$53.70*
Free Cancellation
Paragliding Over the Swiss Alps from...
97 Reviews
from US$174.00*
Free Cancellation
Interlaken Day Trip from Geneva
from US$86.23*
Free Cancellation
Basel / Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,717 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Basel / Wengen / Jungfraujoch

Take the tram no.8 from railway station to market square (7 minutes) and explore either side of it. On both hills is the old city center with narrow pedestrian lanes..3 hours are enough for a short glimpse, but not more.

Edited: 09 July 2010, 17:11
2. Re: Basel / Wengen / Jungfraujoch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2011, 07:21