We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

some ideas for 2/3 night stay? in Febuary.

roh
munster
Level Contributor
191 posts
1 review
Save Topic
some ideas for 2/3 night stay? in Febuary.

Hi all helpful people!!

i will be travelling to switzerland in febuary. this will be my third trip. I do plan on spending maybe three nights in murren, having passed through in a hurry three years ago. I will be arriving in zurich at 8 pm on a sunday evening. I plan on doing a round trip (with murren at the latter part?) and must be back in zurich for flight home the following saturday. Just wondering has anyone any ideas on somewhere to spend the first few nights. (of course the answer to that is anywhere in switzerland!!). but i would possibly like to get up into the mountains that evening if possible. my flight arrives at 8 so i wonder where would be possible? I am looking at train schedules myself but would love some ideas. basically i think i want to do a circuit ending up my nights at murren. i have already been to the bernese oberland, chur, st moritz, and wengen. love the mountains, love tobaggoning and kinda love the ski-ing!! any ideas much appreciated from you all.

Schwyz, Switzerland
Level Contributor
6,994 posts
511 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: some ideas for 2/3 night stay? in Febuary.

Be aware that february is the main season for skiing. Normally ski-resorts would be booked. If you absolutely want to go to Mürren, may be you should try to book there first and group around the rest of your stay.

Famous for tobboganing is Preda- Bergün

…graubuenden.ch/tobogganing/…

Another place where you have not been: Engelberg /Titlis

www.engelberg.ch/index.php?id=58&lang=en

Good luck

mum47

Edited: 14 November 2010, 11:36
roh
munster
Level Contributor
191 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: some ideas for 2/3 night stay? in Febuary.

thanks mum47,

i will certainly look at those places you have mentioned. Yes im pretty keen on a long tobaggon run somewhere. its a little easier than ski-ing!! thanks again.

3. Re: some ideas for 2/3 night stay? in Febuary.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2011, 05:21