We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thermal springs

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
249 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
thermal springs

I will be making a loop in Switzerland next May/June, Zurich/St. Moritz/Zermatt/Geneva/Grindelwald area/Lucerne/Zurich.

Any suggestions for a nice spa hotel along this route? Also, any hot springs open for non-staying guests?

Thanks.

Wimborne, United...
Destination Expert
for Lugano
Level Contributor
6,239 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: thermal springs

Take your pick!

myswitzerland.com/en/accommodation/themehote…

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
249 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: thermal springs

thank you. Indeed a long list.

Any particular one that you tried and recommend,staying and non-staying guests?

Wimborne, United...
Destination Expert
for Lugano
Level Contributor
6,239 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: thermal springs

I'm afraid the only one I have been to was in Yverdon-les-Bains which is not really on your route.

The ones at Lavey-les-Bains have been recommended by other posters. Perhaps someone will come up with their experiences of those on your route.

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: thermal springs

There are lots! You're in luck. My favourite is Lavey les Bains. It's got two large hot outdoor pools (one of which has bubble beds and a river rapids, as well as jets and things) and a very hot indoor pool. There are different saunas, hammams, an ice room and treatment areas. It has a grand old hotel attached to it, but most people using the baths are just there for a few hours.

www.lavey-les-bains.ch/

It's near(ish) the Montreux end of Lake Geneva. For planning purposes, use www.rail.ch and your "to" point is Lavey les bains, et. therm (the name of the bus stop in front of the baths).

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
37,090 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: thermal springs

I have been to Lavey, Ovronnaz, and Saillon. NWL is right - Lavey is superb! not only for the pools,saunas etc but also the spa treatments. And their Hamman is one of the most beautiful I have seen anywhere in the world. Lavey's spring is the hottest in Switzerland. Water comes out at 65C-70C and has to be cooled so we can get into it! They also have a hotel and a medical facilty and the hotel restaurant - l'Oasis des Bains - does a great buffet lunch at a reasonable price with a nice view of the baths.

Ovronnaz and Saillon aren't great. A friend who went recently to Leukerbad said the Burgerbad seemed dirty but the one at the hotel was OK.

But since you will be in the Grisons you might also look at Vals. I haven't been there myself but the photographs are amazing.

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: thermal springs

I like the views from the outdoor pool in Ovronnaz, but overall I definitely prefer Lavey les bains. I particularly like lying in the bubble beds and looking up the big cliff behind the baths.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
37,090 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: thermal springs

Me too NWL! And especially on a cold and rainy or snowy day!

IMO the dressing areas in Ovronnaz and Saillon are not nearly as nice as the one in Lavey.

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: thermal springs

It looks like the baths at Val d'Illiez have finally reopened after their long refit. Although I found the water slightly less hot than some (but still hot), I was always very fond of the location next to the river and the fact that it was just a little place. Has anyone been since it reopened? What changes are there to see?

http://thermes-parc.com/

9. Re: thermal springs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2011, 05:54