We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Hotel ideas for Zurich

Northeast
Level Contributor
5 posts
22 reviews
Need Hotel ideas for Zurich

Hello, I will be making a brief trip to Zurich for combined business/pleasure. I am looking for a hotel room that is reasonably priced, clean, modern, and centrally located. Within walking distance is ideal but a short train is ok too. The problem is that I don't know my way around Zurich so I don't know what neighborhood/area I should look in. The other problem is that hotels in Zurich seem extremely expensive and I really don't want to stay someplace that isn't nice. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
154 posts
20 reviews
1. Re: Need Hotel ideas for Zurich

We've been several times to Zurich and agree, the hotels in central Zurich can be expensive, but try Hotel Bristol. It is located an easy walk from the main train station and is quite close to where you want to be.

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Level Contributor
13,373 posts
42 reviews
2. Re: Need Hotel ideas for Zurich

Hi traveler223,

I'm not sure how far exactly you're willing to go by train, but I absolutely adore the 4-star Romantik Seehotel Sonne (www.sonne.ch) in the suburb of Küsnacht. It takes about 15 minutes to get from the main station in Zürich to Küsnacht.

The hotel is just lovely and sits right on the lake. As you leave the train station at Küsnacht, use the pedestrian undercrossing to cross the street, and you'll emerge right at the entrance to the hotel. You can have a lakeside room for about 100 chf cheaper than they are in Zürich itself.

The little town of Küsnacht is also really charming, I think. It has a nice little park and a walking area and a few restaurants.

Hope you find a great place!

s

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
18,255 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: Need Hotel ideas for Zurich

In what area are your business appointments? It would help us to know this as there are different areas of the city. However, none is much more than a 15 minute tram ride from the center.

I have had great luck getting 4* hotels in Zurich for about $125-$150 per night on Priceline particularly for weekend nights. You might try it. They seem to be getting rooms at the Crowne Plaza right now and it is a 15 minute tram ride from the city center. For the airport area, they have a variety of hotels.

Hope this helps.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Need Hotel ideas for Zurich

swandav: is there a road between Romantik Seehotel and the lake? I'm trying to determine how quiet the hotel room would be?

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
62,007 posts
171 reviews
5. Re: Need Hotel ideas for Zurich

I got Marriott during weekdays on Priceline bidding for USD110 or so just a couple of months ago. The room was nice and modern and it was pretty quiet with minimal traffic noise.

Edited: 04 January 2011, 02:49
Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Level Contributor
13,373 posts
42 reviews
6. Re: Need Hotel ideas for Zurich

For Marilyn60_11,

No, there is no road between the hotel and the lake; the hotel sits right ON the lake.

However, there is a major road on the other side of the hotel; it's the major road that circles the lake and links most of the communities of the lake. However, I've stayed at the hotel two times, and never ever heard any noise from the road.

It's a real find for the area -- and the food is notable. The garden bar/restaurant is really special, if there's good weather while you're there. I've eaten there more times than I've stayed there, and I've seen some wedding parties there; it's that kind of place!

Have fun!

s

7. Re: Need Hotel ideas for Zurich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2011, 07:23