We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Hotels to stay

New Delhi, India
10 posts
Which Hotels to stay

Hi,

Thanks for your advise, finally we have planned our schedule for Switzerland.

Can you help us in looking for some good hotels in following cities :

1. Interlaken

2. Lucrene

Further, we would be interested for snow games like Skiing, Motor Biking etc, so can some one advise us which city will be best Interlaken or Lucrene.

Thanks in advacne.

Swimmimg Pool Altdorf
Game & Entertainment Centres
Marchenweg Hasenliebe
Sportarena Leukerbad
London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
98 reviews
1. Re: Which Hotels to stay

Can you remind us of what time of year you are travelling? Skiing is a winter sport, although there are some places with glaciers where you can do a little fun skiing in the summer. Hiring motor bikes is not very common in Switzerland, but there are plenty of opportunities to try adventure sports if this interests you.

Have you looked at the hotel reviews for Interlaken and Lucerne here on Tripadvisor?

New Delhi, India
10 posts
2. Re: Which Hotels to stay

Hi NorthWestLondoner

We are schedule to travel to Interlaken & Lucrene on 26th Feb onwards, we shall be spending 2 nights each & then will proceed ro Zermatt from where we will proceed to Paris.

Could you advise us ob the following :

1. Good & Economical Hotels in Interlaken & Lucrene.

2. What kind of adventure sports will be available in or near Interlaken & Lucrene around End Feb/ Early March.

Thanks....

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
98 reviews
3. Re: Which Hotels to stay

Hi,

I'm afraid I stay in family accommodation when in Switzerland, so I'm not the best person to advise about hotels. However, you could do as suggested and look at the reviews of hotels in Interlaken and Lucerne (note the spelling) here on Tripadvisor. Also, if you are interested in budget options you could look at B&B options www.bnb.ch

Adventure sports in February and March would centre mostly around winter sports. You would be able to do these in the mountains above Lucerne and Interlaken (note that neither of these are in the mountains, but you can easily get up into the mountains from both). You can ski, sledge, ice skate, winter walk and so on. Some people have also mentioned going hangliding when in the Interlaken area. If this interests you, have a search through the forum and I'm sure you'll find more information on companies that do this.

New Delhi, India
10 posts
4. Re: Which Hotels to stay

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, in case we opt for renting an apartment both in Lucerne & Interkajen.

Could you suggest us some good apartments which have goo location as well.

What would be the advantages & disadvantages of renting an apartment. One advantage that i can make out right noe is it would be far cheaper (don;t know about there location, nearness to railway stations etc)

Could u please advise me on this.

Thanks in advance....

St. Moritz...
Destination Expert
for St. Moritz, Engadin St. Moritz
Level Contributor
4,878 posts
444 reviews
5. Re: Which Hotels to stay

Apartment rentals are usually a whole week, beginning and ending usually Saturday.

Have you ever skied before? For a beginner who never skied before, I would not advise to plan to ski for just one day, this would be everything else than fun, but a lot of frustration, seeing people who know to ski passing by and not be able to do it right. You would need to rent material and clothes and have a ski pass and a ski instructor (as ski schools with group lections go for a week or at least some days in a row, most probably a private one) and this would add up to rather a lot of money for really not a lot of fun. It's not that easy and you would be on an "idiot" hill as we call it, together with 2-3 year old children making fun of you.

Leave sking for next time you come to Switzerland and then plan a week in a resort to get started. You however could go on a sledge ride or do an excursion with a horsedrawn carriage or try ice-skating, but also here, it's not as easy as you think looking at the athletes performing it and you should have a good accident insurance cover for Switzerland.

6. Re: Which Hotels to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2012, 11:17