We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The one month half fare card info has disappeared

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
The one month half fare card info has disappeared

Where has the information gone about the normal one month half fare card (the one that was 99 CHF and is now 110 CHF)? I need to show a relative something and it's disappeared from the usual place that I look. See:

mct.sbb.ch/mct/…halbtax.htm

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The one month half fare card info has disappeared

Has it been ditched in favour of the one year which also acts as a pay as you go card(135 CHF)

Southport UK
Level Contributor
933 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: The one month half fare card info has disappeared

It still shows on www.swisstravelsystem.com and www.swiss-travel.co.uk

Gibel

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The one month half fare card info has disappeared

Very mysterious then that it is not on the sbb site.

Howick, South Africa
Level Contributor
781 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The one month half fare card info has disappeared

They've moved it on the SBB site.

From the main www.sbb.ch/en page click on the "Ticket Shop" logo/picture and then select "Visitors from abroad".

Strange they moved it - I would have though the Swiss would have heard of, "If it works, don't fix it".

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The one month half fare card info has disappeared

Thanks. That's helpful.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
34,107 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The one month half fare card info has disappeared

Most Swiss have the three year half fare card... the one month isn't practical for us. We get the 3 year for about 330frs (I haven't looked at the latest rates) so paying 99frs inthe old days or 110frs now for only a month simply isn't economical. It is really designed for short term visitors and that is why I assume the CFF moved it to the "Swiss travel system" site and also the "Visitors from abroad" part of the SBB site... makes more sense to put it there.

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The one month half fare card info has disappeared

True, but it still might be handy to have a link on the page where all the other types of half fare card are discussed. It wouldn't take up much space.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
34,107 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The one month half fare card info has disappeared

I totally agree! Perhaps the powers-that-be at the CFF are the same that have now said you cannot pay on the trains!! (Yet yesterday I was on the train to Geneva and saw someone pay, with a credit card!)

Lucerne, Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The one month half fare card info has disappeared

<you cannot pay on the trains!>

You still can for the time being, but you get charged a hefty 10 CHF supplement. On a short journey with a half price card, the supplement works out more expensive than the ticket itself !

10. Re: The one month half fare card info has disappeared

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 08:18