We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

swiss pass vs family pass June travel

New haven, CT
Level Contributor
68 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
swiss pass vs family pass June travel

Please help a mom befuddled by the rail pricing system. Arriving Mon at Geneva airport, travelling to Montreux (1 day), Lauterbrunnen (2 days) and last night in Zurich before leaving early am on day 5 to Zurich airport. Traveling with spouse, 17, 15 and 12 y/o kids. Want to train between cities and use bus (Montreux) and gondolas/local train (Lauterbrunnen). Is Swiss Pass or Swiss Card better deal? Will family pass cover our 17 y/o? The best price I could come up with is approx $600 for the 4 days which seems so high! I know dollar in tailspin, but wow! Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Geneva Airport
Geneva Airport
Le Grand Saconnex, Switzerland
Montreux
Montreux
Canton of Vaud, Switzerland
Lauterbrunnen
Lauterbrunnen
Jungfrau Region, Switzerland
Zurich
Zurich
Canton of Zurich, Switzerland
Zurich Airport
Zurich Airport
Zurich, Switzerland
Likely To Sell Out
Mount Titlis Day Tour from Zurich
1,061 Reviews
from US$163.10*
Swiss Alps Bernina Express Rail Tour...
1,256 Reviews
from US$153.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Jungfraujoch: Top of Europe Day Trip...
1,072 Reviews
from US$250.20*
canada
Level Contributor
8,183 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: swiss pass vs family pass June travel

I am afraid your 17 yr old is considered an adult. I suggest you consider half fare card for 3 (the 2 younger kids can have free family cards), bring along a netbook to buy supersaver tickets for each leg, and ask your hotel to print out those tickets.

New haven, CT
Level Contributor
68 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: swiss pass vs family pass June travel

Thank you so much; the prices aren't really that expensive considering the efficiency and ease of service......we look forward to the trip and seeing the country.

3. Re: swiss pass vs family pass June travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 14:16