We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one day trip in zurich

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Topic
one day trip in zurich

hey .

i am planing to be in basel for 3 days in mid may and one day i plan to go to zurich .

how is the train from basel to zurich and what is the price ?

can you Recommend things to do in zurich for one day

thanks

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
6 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: one day trip in zurich

The trains are taking roughlyone hour. You can also check at sbb.ch for sparbillette (saving tickets) which are bound to a specific train and can safe you a lot!

Depending on what you like, I recommend doing a walking tour through bahnhofstrasse to the lake (but also walk through the small beighbor hood next to paradeplatz), then cross the lake/river. From Bellevue/opera house you go back to the train station through the old town (niederdorf) and walk to the different sights like the grossmünster. This is also good for shopping. If time and weather allows you, walk down the lake from Bellevue and maybe even visit the Chinese garden. This tour should not take you all day. If u like history, you should go to the landesmuseum, the national history museum. It's very interesting a d explains Swiss history well.

2. Re: one day trip in zurich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 06:16