We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to lugano by car from Bergamo. PARKING??

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
44 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to lugano by car from Bergamo. PARKING??

I will be on holiday in Bergamo and plane to go and visit lake Lugano and Swiss Miniature park. Any ideas were to park for a reasonable price or better for free!!!

How shall i go round in luganoarea , Shall i use public transport or drive my own 7 seater.

Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Bergamo
Bergamo
Province of Bergamo, Italy
Lake Lugano
Lake Lugano
2,836 Reviews
Lugano, Switzerland
Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
40,110 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to lugano by car from Bergamo. PARKING??

There is parking at the Swiss Miniature in Melide. I cannot remember if it is free or paying.

As for Lugano, there is public parking which is clearly indicated by signs and this is paying. I would not attempt to drive around the town of Lugano since the centre is pretty pedestrianised so you cannot get in there with your car anyway and the public transport is good - and it is a relatively small place. However if you are planning on going to Morcote, for example, you can certainly drive there.

Here is an except from a very helpful post from "Bruno" in Lugano sometime ago:

In Via Clemente Maraini and in Via Balestra is impossible to park. Parking in the Parking-Houses is expensive in Lugano, more or less as everywhere in Western Europe, although some major European towns would be even more costy. Since 1st July 2010 all parking-fees have been equalized in Lugano; thus, they are all expensive. I suggest 2 parkings-lots: Parking Balestra and Parking Campo Marzio. Cheaper is the Parking House of Paradiso (the next Municipality, just between Lugano-Lake and the highway exhit Lugano-Sud). From Paradiso there is the bus going to Lugano-centre (it takes 10 minutes). Alternatively, you walk from that parking to the boat-pier of Paradiso (10 minutes walking). Have a nice stay.

I would add that the walk from Paradiso to the city centre is very lovely (along the lake) and doesn't take much time!

Mentioned in this post
Lugano
Lugano
Canton of Ticino, Switzerland
Morcote
Morcote
Canton of Ticino, Switzerland
Europe
Europe
World
2. Re: Getting to lugano by car from Bergamo. PARKING??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2013, 10:16