We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mt Regis/pilatus - urgent

Singapore
Level Contributor
717 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Mt Regis/pilatus - urgent

We'd have stayed in zermatt for 2.5 days before we head over to Lucerne in next day... Should we really still make our way up to above?

Swiss Alps Bernina Express Rail Tour...
1,233 Reviews
from US$160.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Mount Titlis Full-Day Sightseeing...
1,041 Reviews
from US$165.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Swiss Alps Tour: Jungfraujoch and...
359 Reviews
from US$254.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Jungfraujoch: Top of Europe Day Trip...
1,048 Reviews
from US$254.00*
Juneau, Alaska
Level Contributor
261 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mt Regis/pilatus - urgent

Yes, because seeing the view from the top of either Rigi or Pilatus is worth the effort.

bern
Level Contributor
3,487 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mt Regis/pilatus - urgent

The experience is very different. In Zermatt you are in the middle of the highest mountains of the Alps. They are very rocky, with many glaciers. Mountain Rigi and Pilatus (the two mountains are different, view is comparable) are at the entrance of the mountains. You can see many lakes, hills around you and higher mountains in some distance.

Singapore
Level Contributor
717 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mt Regis/pilatus - urgent

Great! Will make a trip up tomorrow! Which is the easiest one to get to?

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
15,815 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mt Regis/pilatus - urgent

Hi wenray75

If it were for me, I would choose Mt. Rigi if weather alows (could again be snowy tomorrow). For more information see www.rigi.ch and Top Questions about Lucerne (TA Lucerne forum).

If the weather would not fit for a mountain excursion, I would warmly recommend the Traffic Museum - www.verkerhshaus.ch - (alow at least four hours), the Glacier Garden - www.gletschergarten.ch - (alow at least two to three hours) or the glas factory at Hergiswil - www.glasi.ch - where you can go by boat or railway. For boat itinaries see www.lakelucerne.ch

pore

Singapore
Level Contributor
717 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mt Regis/pilatus - urgent

Thanks pore! How do I get to mt rigi? If its snowing then its not worth us making the trip?

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
15,815 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mt Regis/pilatus - urgent

It depends on you, wenray75. Many Asian people like the weather when we do not. When it is snowy you will be in a cloud and there will be nothing to see (at least no sightseing).

For tips how to get there look at the Top Quesitons about Lucerne (TA Lucerne forum point 6).

pore

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
40,296 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mt Regis/pilatus - urgent

I would really check the webcam before going. Weather forecast for the whole country for the next week is snow. which means lots of clouds. And these are not the "stratus" clouds that create the fog. These are moisture-laden clouds reaching up very high. It would be such a shame to spend all that money and time and then see the inside of a snow storm!!

Singapore
Level Contributor
717 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mt Regis/pilatus - urgent

Yup I'll chk... M in zermatt now, n it's been heavy snow since afternoon n can't see a thing! Lol

9. Re: Mt Regis/pilatus - urgent

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 21:17