We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden Pass reservations

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
825 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Golden Pass reservations

I want to reserve VIP seats on the Golden Pass train from Interlaken to Montreux on 18 May this year. When I go to the Golden Pass website I can't do this. I've tried earlier dates too but it won't work.

There doesn't seem to be any way to register - I read in an old post that you need to register before booking on the site but I don't see anywhere to do this.

I've sent an email to the Golden Pass people but haven't had a reply. Does anyone know how I can reserve seats?

Wimborne, United...
Destination Expert
for Lugano
Level Contributor
5,557 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golden Pass reservations

The site currently allows bookings up to 31 March 2013. Suggest you try again at a later date.

tickets.goldenpass.ch/pls/apex/f…

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
825 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golden Pass reservations

Ok. Thanks. They told me I could book from the middle of February for 18 May. I've now received a reply saying to try at the end of February/ beginning of March.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
33,475 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golden Pass reservations

GP takes reservations 90days out...

Lucerne, Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golden Pass reservations

Also, once you reach the date from which tickets are available, try calling them rather than reserving through the website. I was able to get three VIP seats this way on a train where the website was showing none available - I think they deliberately do not make *all* the available seats bookable online.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
825 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golden Pass reservations

It's now the 16th of March, and the website is still only showing seats available until the 31st of March.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
50 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Golden Pass reservations

I have been following up with them.. So the good news is that it should open on 18th March morning, as per their confirmation on Phone and email.

So, be ready!

Bon courage..

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
825 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Golden Pass reservations

Thanks. I got an email from them too - 18 March! I've been checking each day for weeks. Can't believe I'll finally be able to reserve seats...

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
825 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Golden Pass reservations

Well, I've checked and you still can't book for May. It was all a lie...

Paris, France
Level Contributor
50 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Golden Pass reservations

Ya, I had been checking since morning too..did not work :(

I called them and they said that there was some problem concerning the IT company which is supposed to activate this system.. and said they are not sure when it will be up.

No option for us, but to wait.. :-/

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Golden Pass reservations

Internet booking is now open for later dates on Golden Pass. :-)