We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

southeast switzerland

Bethesda, Maryland
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Topic
southeast switzerland

I will be driving from bergamo, italy to southeastern switzerland with my daughter. We do not have much time, a day or two max. Any suggestions where to go. After arriving a train ride through mountains would be nice.

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
13,226 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: southeast switzerland

Hi bms-6

It is impossible to answer your question as you did not mention which season of the year you will be travelling.

pore

Bethesda, Maryland
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: southeast switzerland

Sorry, we will be traveling this month on May 24 thru 26

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
13,226 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: southeast switzerland

You can look at tcs.ch/de/…prognosen.php (scroll down to the map) and see which pass roads are open (green signs) and which ones are not (red signs).

Actually the Bernina pass road is open right now which gives you a chance to drive to the Engadin valley - see www.engadin.stmoritz.ch -. Also the Maloja pass road between (Chiavenna - St. Moritz) is open.

If you would like to drive in direction of Zurich you would need to take the Julier pass road or load the car on a train (you remain seated in your car) from Saagliains to Klosters.

Before you drive, check if the pass roads are open as it can happen that they get closed due to earth slides or other incidents.

Drive carefully and let faster vehicles pass. others may know the road better than you.

pore

Bethesda, Maryland
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: southeast switzerland

thank you so much. Yes, I remember how fast European drivers can go! I don't drive slow but not knowing the roads I will of course be careful. I don not want to go to far over the border from Italy as I am short on time but would love for my daughter to see just a bit of your amazingly beautiful country. i will look into your ideas. Thanks again.

Bonnie

5. Re: southeast switzerland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2014, 05:16