We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Geneva Tour

Salmiyah, Kuwait
Level Contributor
250 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Geneva Tour

Hello ,

I want to do a day trip to geneva from Vevey in june . Is it possible?

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,795 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Geneva Tour

Why shouldn't it be possible? It is less than an hour by train one way.

www.sbb.ch

Salmiyah, Kuwait
Level Contributor
250 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Geneva Tour

If I reach geneva at 9 in the morning , I want to return to vevey by 3 in the afternoon . How should I organize my tour ?

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
35,715 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Geneva Tour

You say "a day tour from Geneva to Vevey" and then you say "I want to return to vevey by 3 in the afternoon".

I think you meant to say "from" Vevey.

Trains run twice and hour between Geneva and Vevey and the ride is just over an hour. Go to the Geneva station, hop on the next train (platform 4) and go... On arrival in Vevey leave the station and walk straight ahead, down to the lakefront. At the lake turn left and walk into the old town - la vieille ville. It is beautiful. After an hour or so go back to the lakefront and take a boat to Chillon. Get off there and visit the castle - you need 2 hours about for the visit. Then take local bus back to Montreux. Wander around Montreux and leave there around 1.30pm for geneva. Buy a train ticket Geneva to Chillon. It will cover the train and the lake boat. if you want to cover the local bus Chillon to Montreux ask for a "City ticket" in Geneva and specify Montreux. then your bus ride will be included as well...

Salmiyah, Kuwait
Level Contributor
250 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Geneva Tour

thanx Hambaghle !

I meant that i will be staying in Vevey and want to visit Geneva .

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
35,715 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Geneva Tour

OK - so do it in reverse. 2 trains/hour vevey to Geneva. Then you will have enough time to visit the old town - la vieille ville - and have lunch and go back to Vevey! see this for Geneva

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g188057-c127289/Gen…

6. Re: Geneva Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2014, 06:20