We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fiesch-Fiescheralp cable car capacity

Tartu, Estonia
8 posts
Save Topic
Fiesch-Fiescheralp cable car capacity

How many persons is this cable car capable to carry at once?

Swiss Alps Bernina Express Rail Tour...
1,242 Reviews
from US$152.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Mount Titlis Day Tour from Zurich
1,046 Reviews
from US$164.40*
Likely To Sell Out
Swiss Alps Day Trip from Zurich...
364 Reviews
from US$252.30*
Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
14,363 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fiesch-Fiescheralp cable car capacity

It is a large, bus sized cabin. Why is it important?

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
40,493 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fiesch-Fiescheralp cable car capacity

Amazing what one can find on the web... max capacity of the téléphérique in question is 270 passengers per hour. Having seen the one in question I would guestimate it takes 35-40 people. But like Altamiro I am curious as to why this matters??

Tartu, Estonia
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Fiesch-Fiescheralp cable car capacity

Well, the last cabin departures at 18 towards Fiescheralp (in September). Right?

Just an example - if I reach to Fiesch exactly on time when the last cabin leaves, is it still possible to step in or will it be full and booked? My point is, are the cabins all the time full or it is possible to go on board every time and there are always free seats?

Thing is, that probably I will reach to Fiesch quite late, just before last cabin departures. And I have no idea, is this last one already full. What happens when the last cabin is full and there are still people left who would like to travel to Fiescheralp?

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
14,363 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fiesch-Fiescheralp cable car capacity

>Just an example - if I reach to Fiesch exactly on time when the last cabin leaves, is it still possible to step in or will it be full and booked?

What do you mean with "booked"? It isn't like you reserve something. Once the maximum weight is reached they will not let people on.

>My point is, are the cabins all the time full or it is possible to go on board every time and there are always free seats?

There no seats at all, free or otherwise. If the cabin is full/weight limit is reached, you have to wait for the next one.

Thing is, that probably I will reach to Fiesch quite late, just before last cabin departures. And I have no idea, is this last one already full. What happens when the last cabin is full and there are still people left who would like to travel to Fiescheralp?

Why don't you contact the Fiescheralp cable car? You seem to be well informed; googling their website should not be that hard. But in all my years I have never seen the last run of a gondola to be so full that people are left stranded.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
40,493 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fiesch-Fiescheralp cable car capacity

I don't think you understand what a cable car is! It is a sort of large enclosed "breadbasket" in which people stand. It is then hauled up the mountain on cables, it is suspended as it goes. And how many people it can take depends on its size. (also on the size of the people!!) Some take 15 or so. Some take 150. The one in question takes around 35. No one, ever, reserves for these. You show up and get on. And if one is full you wait for the next. there are NO seats. Sometimes a bench in the front or the back. But no seats.

bern
Level Contributor
3,487 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Fiesch-Fiescheralp cable car capacity

In case they have a lot of passengers they do additonal cable car rides. Capacity of those cable cars is done for the winter month when they have many more passengers. By the way, in case you miss the last cable car from Fiescheralp: It's an easy about one hour hike to the Bettmeralp and there the cable car runs much longer. (In September there is daylight till about 8 pm)

< No one, ever, reserves for these.> Not at the Eggishorn, but there are smaller ones (with one or two cabins for maybe 4-10 people) with a much more limted number of passengers. There it's sometimes useful to reserve a place for a cetain ride, eg. to catch the last bus connection. Such cable car is for example at Glattalp in the Moutathal.

Mentioned in this post
Bettmeralp
Bettmeralp
Canton of Valais, Switzerland
Tartu, Estonia
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Fiesch-Fiescheralp cable car capacity

Thanks, mube! That's what I needed to know!

8. Re: Fiesch-Fiescheralp cable car capacity

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2014, 06:18