We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to Stay in Gimmelwald, Wengen and Murren

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
157 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Places to Stay in Gimmelwald, Wengen and Murren

I am about to book my flight to Switzerland for 2-1/2 weeks in early to mid October. Just want to make sure ill be able to find somewhere to stay while in the Jungfrau region. I would like to stay in either Murren, Gimmelwald or Wengen the days of Oct 16-19th.

I haven't done much research regarding a place to stay but I want to get my flight booked ASAP.

Will I find something in those places mid October if I book sometime over the next week or two? I'm aware things start closing the end of October.

Also does anyone have any good recommendations of a place or which one of three towns to stay in?

Thanks!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
157 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to Stay in Gimmelwald, Wengen and Murren

Nevermind on my one question. I have found a handful of places to stay during my time period.

I'm just looking for a personal recommendation on a place to stay and in what town? Per recent reviews either Wengen or Murren.

I'm looking for good views and a nice comfortable quiet place to stay after long day hikes. No loud kids or crying babies.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Level Contributor
13,067 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to Stay in Gimmelwald, Wengen and Murren

Hi y2j80,

What is your price preference for a hotel?

I prefer the village of Wengen, which to me is a good compromise -- it's not as small as Mürren and is a little easier to get to.

I've stayed at the Alpenrose two times and enjoyed it a lot. It's a 3-star and has great views down into the valley. It's a popular place for British visitors.

Have fun as you plan!

s

Singapore, Singapore
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to Stay in Gimmelwald, Wengen and Murren

Hi,

My family and I are planning a trip to Switzerland around mid June and we''ll be in zurich for two days and then head to Grindelwald for 5 days. Does anyone recommend chalets over hotels? If so is it cheaper to rent a chalet or are there other factors that would come to mind when choosing a place to stay.

I have two kids and we like to do some sports and hiking but would also like to take it easy. Can you please recommend a few good chalets in grindelwald. Would you choose a hotel over chalet and are the chalets at a reasonable distance from the main area??

Thank you

PB

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,642 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to Stay in Gimmelwald, Wengen and Murren

PB, you'll get many more responses to your question if you post it as its own question rather than as a followup to someone else's question, especially as the original poster doesn't mention Grindelwald in the title of his post.

Singapore, Singapore
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to Stay in Gimmelwald, Wengen and Murren

Thanks Casperjj!!

6. Re: Places to Stay in Gimmelwald, Wengen and Murren

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2014, 06:16