We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to spend rest of the day after Mt Titlis, Jungfranjoch?

Surat, India
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How to spend rest of the day after Mt Titlis, Jungfranjoch?

I am visiting Mt Titlis , Jungfranjoch and Glacier 3000. My base is Giswil and Montreaux . Do I need to book the Mountain experience beforehand at present or should I book it after checking the weather?

Also can anyone suggest how should and where should I spend the evening after the Mountain exursions eg Boat ride, Walking near the lake etc.

Lastly, I wanted to ask, Should I substitute Glacier 3000 with just walking around the Zermatt ? I would not do Matterhorn as then it would become too hectic.

I do have Swiss Pass.

Kent, England
Level Contributor
1,894 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How to spend rest of the day after Mt Titlis, Jungfranjoch?

Sorry I'm not clear if you are planning to these trips in one day of more? Giswil would not be a good place to stay to visit Jungfraujoch you have alnost two hours by train just to get to Interlaken then another two hours from there. I really don't have any suggestions on where to stay for Glacier 3000, but I would have thought that Gstaad or Zwieissemmen would be better than Montreux.

Secondly there is no need to prebook mountain trips,infact you need to wait and see what the weather is like before you leave your hotel. No point in going up in cloud or worse.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,584 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to spend rest of the day after Mt Titlis, Jungfranjoch?

Jungfranjoch ...you wont be having any time left after day trip on this mountain ..

3. Re: How to spend rest of the day after Mt Titlis, Jungfranjoch?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2014, 05:17