We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help plan itinerary for 5 day trip in Switzerland

Ankara, Turkey
1 post
Save Topic
Please help plan itinerary for 5 day trip in Switzerland

Hi, i'm planning to travel alone on a 5 day trip to Switzerland between the 15-19 of October. Im planning to fly in from Istanbul to Geneva on the 15th, take a train to lyon then head on towards Lucerne and finish at Zurich, staying there for two days and leaving on the 19th. I prefer scenic nature and would like to take the train route where i can capture the scenic view of the mountains and small towns en route to my planned destinations. Any suggestions and advice will be much appreciated !

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
38,841 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help plan itinerary for 5 day trip in Switzerland

Since you like nature and views you might like to take the Goldenpass train from Montreux to Luzern. This takes you through some very pretty country, though not through the High Alps. Your route would be

Geneva to Montreux

Montreux to Zweisimmen to Spiez to Interlaken Ost to Luzern

You can get on and off the train at any stop along the way and there are some very pretty villages - Rougemont and Saanen between Montreux and Zweisimmen and Spiez on Lake Thun. Interlaken is not a nice place to stop - but it is the "gateway" to the Jungfrau region and that is lovely. There you are in the High Alps and have snow covered peaks all around you. You need to go from Interlaken ost to lauterbrunnen and up to Wengen or to Grindewlwald.

For the train see www.goldenpass.ch

For general train info on the Swiss Federal Railways see www.sbb.ch/en

and for the Jungfrau region see www.myjungfrau.com

You are coming here just a little late in the autumn and by mid October Wengen will be pretty much shut down for the inter-season until December so perhaps you should look at Grindelwald which is larger and will have more things open. Luzern is not affected by this at all...

2. Re: Please help plan itinerary for 5 day trip in Switzerland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2014, 06:25