We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip advice

Bangalore...
1 post
trip advice

hi iam rehman i wanted to visit zurich and around places in 1st week of december with my wife the question is she is carrying can she travel to swis (climate)

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
18,254 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: trip advice

Yes, of course. Zurich is not at a high elevation and the streets and walkways will be cleared quickly of any snow. Just be alert to bits of ice if it is below freezing. Have a great trip!

Canton of Valais...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
43,620 posts
202 reviews
2. Re: trip advice

Hello Aniqur R -

welcome to Trip Advisor!!

First I think your wife should ask her doctor what s/he thinks about a long trip and a tiring flight. Second, we have excellent doctors here (and most of them speak quite good to excellent English) so should something go amiss she can get emergency care.

Kileysmom is right - Zürich is low and the altitude thus will not pose a problem. But the cold? Not if you are both warmly dressed. And you must have good, sturdy shoes with good treads and waterproof as well. IF there is snow (not usual in December but possible) and then it melts the streets get very wet.

3. Re: trip advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2014, 03:16