We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please tell me which pass will be helpful for me !!

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Please tell me which pass will be helpful for me !!

Hi

I am visiting paris and travelling in the following route

paris->zermatt->jungfrau->lucerne->zurich->venice->florence->rome

1. Will it be better if i buy any pass ?? Which pass will you suggest ??

2. Will the pass cover TGV and bus (inside cities )and boat (in venice)

3 . Will it cover jungfrau rail at topo of europe ??

Please help me out

regards

debayan

Kent, England
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Please tell me which pass will be helpful for me !!

Unfortunately the only way of finding out if a pass is of any benefit to you is to do the maths. Passes are valid for journeys in Switzerland only. so if you book a ticket to which ever border station you intend travelling to from Paris and then to the Swiss border station on your route to Venice. You get discount of up to 50% on mountain railways the exception being from Wengen and Grindelwald to Jungfraujoch and here you get a 25% reduction. The Swiss Pass gives you free transport in many cities and free entry to many of the Swiss |museums.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please tell me which pass will be helpful for me !!

That said , If i buy pas do i still have to book ticket online where there is reservation or not ,

Also , If i decide for buying individual tickets Can you guide me which site will be best for TGV between paris and Basel to zermatt , buying point to point ticket for swiss and then from zurich to venice -> florence ->pisa -> rome . (a point to point) .

Note i reside in India so print@home would be more beneficial for me . i Contacted sbb.ch they said swiss internal tickets can be bought only before 30 days .

Can you suggest any other site to get online ticket (point to point for france swiss an ditaly) without much hassle

Thank you in advance

Mumbai
Level Contributor
80 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please tell me which pass will be helpful for me !!

Hi Debayan, We too are planning Swiss trip and based on my research I would reply following. Although would highly recommend you do your own extensive research on net, agent or write mails directly to the travel attraction or sbb site to know this better. You will be more confident before travel.

- For you swiss internal transfers and sightseeing, yes -swiss pass for no# of days validity would most prob work out better.

- No swiss pass would cover TGV or venice, as its meant for swiss internal travel. Eurail pass may work but since I dont have much idea about Eurail pass, so can't comment.

- Jungfrauch is unlikely to be covered under any pass. There will be additional charge to go on top of the mountain.

All the best.

4. Re: Please tell me which pass will be helpful for me !!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2015, 06:18