We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thf, dorf, ghei, kreuk, etc..

Kalgoorlie-Boulder...
7 posts
Save Topic
thf, dorf, ghei, kreuk, etc..

Hello, I was searching train in Switzerland www.sbb.ch ... once I type a name of a town, for example 'Spiez' .. there are sooo many options come up.. Spiez, Dorf Spiex, THF ... Spiez, Kreuk ... etc ... does anybody know what it means ? or what the difference between all of those word at the end of the town's name ?

I understand bahnhof of bhf is train station.. but that's it!

1. Re: thf, dorf, ghei, kreuk, etc..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2014, 14:50
Schwyz, Switzerland
Level Contributor
7,075 posts
526 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: thf, dorf, ghei, kreuk, etc..

Hi dviladybug

this are bus stops, as the sbb website offers a door-to-door time table.

Spiez Bahnhof means the station and if you do not know about a bus station put Spiez Bahnhof.

Lucerne, Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: thf, dorf, ghei, kreuk, etc..

The train station - if that's what you are looking for - is simply called "Spiez".

"Spiez, Bahnhof" is the bus stop in front of the train station.

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: thf, dorf, ghei, kreuk, etc..

When in doubt I select the station or the post office as these tend to be central options.

Kalgoorlie-Boulder...
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: thf, dorf, ghei, kreuk, etc..

Is there anyway I know where is the location of each bus stop?

If I select simply 'Speiz" ... will it cover all the stops in Speiz ? or just the stop at the bahnhof ?

Thanks all for your kind help !

Haverhill, United...
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: thf, dorf, ghei, kreuk, etc..

On the Google Maps they normally mark all the local bus stops.

If enquiring on the local bus from Spiez to Thun for example if you click the bus number on the timetable it will display all the stops and times.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
37,590 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: thf, dorf, ghei, kreuk, etc..

If you want trains then you do not need to concern yourself with bus stops! Spiez on its own means the railway station at Spiez. Ignore the rest. You are right that bhf means "bahnhof" which means station. But just click on the name of the town which is, I think, in bold anyway... that is the railway station (unless of course the town is not on a railway line... but since you are looking for trains that would be unlikely!

Lucerne, Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: thf, dorf, ghei, kreuk, etc..

<f I select simply 'Speiz" ... will it cover all the stops in Speiz ? or just the stop at the bahnhof ?>

As I said in an earlier post, simply "Spiez" is the train station - the times given for this location are the ones when trains arrive and depart.

"Spiez, Bahnhof" is the bus stop in front of the train station, from which you would take a bus to other places such as outlying villages after getting off the train.

Kalgoorlie-Boulder...
7 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: thf, dorf, ghei, kreuk, etc..

Thanks everybody for your kind help !!!

=)

10. Re: thf, dorf, ghei, kreuk, etc..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2015, 05:16