We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 month solo travel trip

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Topic
2 month solo travel trip

Hi! I am a female college student from Singapore and am planning a 2-month trip to Europe this summer. I have never been to Europe and my only experience in solo travel is to Perth for a week.

I am interested in visiting

1) Switzerland

2) Greece

3) Italy

Please help me out with my itinerary planning as I'm going crazy from information overload from various websites.

1) Is travelling by Eurail between these countries possible? How do I commute within countries (from city to city)?

2) Is the number of destinations too unambitious? If so what other scenic countries do you recommend?

3) How long should I spend in one country?

And I was thinking of sleeping on the streets haha, just wondering if this is common here. I am so excited about the trip already, would really appreciate any answers/tips!

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
14,808 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 month solo travel trip

Hi Bohemia-a and welcome on the forum

Switzerland and Italy are neighbors. There is no problem to combine them. Greece is far away from both. I would keep Greece for an other visit.

You will need to fix the time you would like to spend in each country. It depends a lot in what you are interested, how and how far you are willing to travel and of course your budget.

Ask your questions for Italy on the Italy forum and your questions for Switzerland on the Switzerland (or even a more specific) forum.

To start you up I would recommend you read first all the information given on the Top Questions about Switzerland (upper right side of your screen) and then look at www.myswitzerland.com where you would like to go. Best way to travel in Switzerland is public transport - for all information look at www.sbb.ch/en -.

For rail passes you will need to do the math yourself. It depends a lot what you are interested in and how much you will be using trains, buses, boats etc. As I understand Eurail passes, they are not the best option for Switzerland - for Swiss rail passes look at www.swisstravelsystem.ch -.

Happy planning

pore

Happy planning

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 month solo travel trip

Travelling around by yourself is really good fun. You'll meet lots of nice people and have interesting experiences. If you were serious about sleeping on the streets, please know that this is a really bad idea. It is dangerous and you will be cold at night. There are lots of good hostels across Europe. Staying in hostels is a wonderful way of meeting people and being safe, warm and clean.

http://www.hihostels.com/ is a good website to look for hostels around the world. These are all ones that belong to Hostelling International and have to be of a certain standard.

3. Re: 2 month solo travel trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2015, 04:51