We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train tickets - Pre book or purchase at train station???

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Train tickets - Pre book or purchase at train station???

Can any one let me know, if it is good to buy tickets after reaching switzerland or pre book them before travel?

We want to travel on crystal panaromic train from Montreux to Interlaken as well.

Here is my itenary. Can anyone help me in choosing he travel tickets.

Day 1: From Geneva to Montreux

Day 2: Montreux to Grindelwald

(Golden pass - Montreux to Interlaken and then to Grindelwald on the same day)

Day 3 & 4: Grindelwald to Interlaken and back to Grindelwald

Grindelwald to Jungfrau and back to Grindewald

Day 5: Grindelwald to lucern

Day 6: Lucern - Zurich - Lucern

Day 7 Lucern to Geneva

Can you please guide me if I need to take any pass or individual tickets is a good idea ?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
49,730 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train tickets - Pre book or purchase at train station???

Hi there,

No price advantage on prebooking and no reservations too, hence just buy at station. For pass or not:

Grab an Excel sheet, make a column per option and a row for each train journey AND mountain cable car etc. which you plan. Compare the fullfare prices with the discounted ones and also of course add the pass. May the cheapest win...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

2. Re: Train tickets - Pre book or purchase at train station???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2015, 06:16