We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

swiss peak pass, swiss pass & swiss family card

Muscat, Oman
3 posts
Save Topic
swiss peak pass, swiss pass & swiss family card

Hi Rajiv

I will be going to switzerland with my family (2 kids , 10 yrs old son & 4 n half yrs old daughter ) on 2/aug/2014 - 5/aug/2014 for 4 days.

I will be staying in zurich for 4 days.

1. Is it worth if i take Swiss Peak Pass for 4 days ? Will i b able to visit 8 places in 4 days with family from zurich?

2. Is that inculeded titlis,jungfrauh,interlaken & engelburg in this 8 places Or those places which s showing in the swiss peak pass better than these places?

3.otherwise, how about swiss pass for us?

4. Is that worth if i take swis family card?

Please guide me which is the best for me & my family cost-effective.

Thaks

Raffi

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
51,325 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: swiss peak pass, swiss pass & swiss family card

Hi there,

The general answer to all questions is 'do the maths'. The peak pass is an ADD-ON to the normal Swiss passes and gives free rides on some mountain trains, as opposed to 25 or often 50% discount on them with the normal cards.

1] Plan what you want to visit

2] Write down the full fare prices (train and mountain railways)

3] Add columns in Excel with the discounted/free prices

4] And of course to these columns also add the cost of the pass.

May the cheapest for you win!

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
34,163 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: swiss peak pass, swiss pass & swiss family card

You cannot get to and from the Jungfraujoch from Zürich in one day so best to take that off your list. Which probably changes the maths... You can get to Mt Titlis which is at Engelberg, and is 45 mins from Luzern, 1hr50 or so from Zürich. You can also get to Interlaken (2hrs from Zürich via Bern and the "normal" trains, not via the Brünig pass which would take a lot longer - but why anyone would want to go there amazes me! It is a real tourist trap, neither in the mountains nor on a lake. Better to go to Thun and take a lake boat there to Spiez and then return to Zürich from there. That would make a lovely day's outing.

ww.sbb.ch/en for trains

www.bls.ch for the boats on lakes Thun and Brienz

Muscat, Oman
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: swiss peak pass, swiss pass & swiss family card

thanks Eric & Ham

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: swiss peak pass, swiss pass & swiss family card

Hope your queries have been well answered. Would add one more thing. Your kids travel free if you take the family card. This card is available free of charge with swiss travel system ticket. Just tell the age of your kids at the counter window.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
34,163 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: swiss peak pass, swiss pass & swiss family card

Note that it is your son who will be covered on the Family card. Your daughter, under 6, is free anyway, everywhere.

Stockholm, Sweden
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: swiss peak pass, swiss pass & swiss family card

Hello,

I will be in Switzerland for 7 days starting from Zurich -Lucerne-Interlaken- Lugano-Zurich. We are 2 adults and I was doing the math to buy Swiss pass or to go for Half fare card. We will be visiting following key tourist points - Schilthorn, Jungfraujoch (from Interlaken), Stanserhorn, Swissminiatur, Titlis (Engelberg), Goldenpass Line. By doing the calculation for above site seeing, I got following costs:

1. Full fare - CHF 987

2. Swiss pass - CHF 1,286 (including swiss pass)

3. Half Fare card - CHF 768 (including card)

The difference between Swiss pass and Half price card is CHF 468

The only thing that I have not considered above is cost of local travel in train and buses and travel between Zurich -Lucerne-Interlaken- Lugano-Zurich. I know that it will cost be 50% but will it amount toCHF 468 or higher (total 2 people to consider for swiss pass?

Any info in this regard will be really helpful.

Thank You.

Best Regards,

Ashish

7. Re: swiss peak pass, swiss pass & swiss family card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 July 2014, 21:05
8. Re: swiss peak pass, swiss pass & swiss family card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2015, 05:17