We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swiss Pass

Bengaluru, India
2 posts
Save Topic
Swiss Pass

I shall be travelling to Switzerland with my daughter 18 years old, next week. Can i buy Swiss Saver Pass ?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
52,089 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swiss Pass

Hi there,

Yes it's a 2-person-minimum discount. But at the first station you travel from inside Switzerland, e.g. airport train station.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Bengaluru, India
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Swiss Pass

Thank you so much for your response. Just want another clarification. As my daughter is 18 years old, she will quality as Youth. Still can I buy Swiss Saver pass in place of one Swiss Pass for adult and one Swiss Pass for Youth ?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
52,089 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swiss Pass

Yes that's tricky in your case. It looks a bit cheaper to have one adult pass full fare and one youth pass full fare compared to 2 adult passes at 85% price (Saver) but I checked a site with conversions to euros and a surcharge. Better that you do this maths yourself at the sbb.ch site with the CHF prices.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Wimborne, United...
Destination Expert
for Lugano
Level Contributor
5,781 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Swiss Pass

>Still can I buy Swiss Saver pass in place of one Swiss Pass for adult and one Swiss Pass for Youth ?

No. You can either buy two Swiss Saver Passes or one Swiss Pass and one Swiss Youth Pass, which works out cheaper anyway.

Hyderabad
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Swiss Pass

Thank you for your response. I am not clear on which Swiss pass to buy. Two more questions -

1. How do I reserve seats against Swiss Pass as I see only 'half-reduction' is available in sbb.ch.

2. Are there any website where I can see timetable for bus routes within Switzerland and buy tickets online ?

Hyderabad
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Swiss Pass

Sorry I meant - I am now clear.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
52,089 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Swiss Pass

Hi again,

1] No seat reservation needed on any normal domestic train.

2] That's also www.sbb.ch/en, when needed it will give bus route and time. Again not possible and needed to reserve.

Exceptions about reservations are the few scenic train lines like Glacier Express.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

8. Re: Swiss Pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2015, 06:16