We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pls make my tour a unforgettable one.

INDIA
Level Contributor
17 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Pls make my tour a unforgettable one.

Dear Experts,

We (2 couple) hav booked 7 days stay at Residence Mont Calme Route des Ecluses 1 Haute Nendaz from 27 th Sep. to 4 th Oct. 14.

We request experts to help us with the following questions and make our tour unforgettable.

We hav downloaded app SBB MOBILE which will helps with trains, buses route and timing. We will buy swiss 8 days pass with discounts at excursions which will cost 353 CHF pp. (is this correct)?

In this app it shows timing from Nendaz to Sion. But our Resort is not exactly at the Nendaz bus stop.

1) My question is how far we hav to walk to catch the bus?

2) Can bus be available from sion to Nendaz late night also, as we b coming after enjoying night life like disco and pub?

We want to do MOUNTAIN EXCURSION for which i think i hav done lot of home work. Aslo want to cover major cities. Do these (Zurich, Interlaken, Geneva or any other that you recommend)

Day 27 th sep:- May be reaching at resort by 3 or 4 p.m we want to visit near by area may be night club/ Disco/Pub etc. or any thing else

Day 28 th Sep:- Visit to Stanserhorn (Double decker cable car) Is there any extra charge for Open Double decker cable car also? Can we take any Golden line train on the way to or return to Stanserhorn is there any charge? if so, how we can book? or any area which we can cover on the same route.

Day 29 th Sep:- What part to cover in City/Cities and latter enjoying night life (Night Club, Disco, Pub etc)

Day 30 th Sep:- Mt Pilatus (Again Can we take any Golden line train on the way or return?) Any charge? if so, how we can book? or any area which we can covered?

Day 1 Oct:- What part to cover in City/Cities and latter enjoy night.

Day 2 Oct:- Mount Titlis (Again Can we take any Golden line train on the way or return?) Any charge? if so, how we can book? or any area which we can cover during same route.

Day 3 Oct:- Jungfron (Again Can we take any Golden line train on the way or return?) Any charge? if so, how we can book? or any area which we can cover during the same route

Day 4 Oct:- Last day of our tour. Saying Good Bye to Switzerland and experts.

Rest any thing extra that u advice for us.

Thanx a ton in advance.

CERN Univers de particules
Science Museums, Sightseeing Tours
Zurich Tourist Information – Offizielle Stadtfuhrungen
Visitor Centres, Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Walking Tours, Food Tours
Best of Switzerland Tours
City Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, Day Trips
Sightseeing Interlaken
Taxis & Shuttles, Sightseeing Tours
Wimborne, United...
Destination Expert
for Lugano
Level Contributor
6,477 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pls make my tour a unforgettable one.

If you want to visit Stanserhorn, Pilatus, Titlis and Jungfraujoch then change your resort. They are all to far away to visit from Haute-Nendaz and involve travel times of 9 to 10 hours. Have a look at your SBB mobile app.

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
9,151 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pls make my tour a unforgettable one.

Just what I was thinking as I had to Google Nendaz. It looks to be rather cut off from other areas.

If you want to stay here I would look at spending much more time in that locality but if you want to travel to these other places I would choose a 2 centre holiday based on the Wengen/Murren/Grindelwald area and Luzern.

Enjoy.

Sharjah, United...
Level Contributor
178 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pls make my tour a unforgettable one.

With the amount of Travel involved, it will become unforgettable for sure!

You should choose Zermatt, Bern, Thun, Spiez, Montreux, Glacier 3000, Aletch Glacier Arena (Bettmeralp etc.) for your excursions. Or, change your base to near Lucerne and then to Jungfrau Region.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
38,904 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pls make my tour a unforgettable one.

Nendaz will certainly be unforgettable! I went there a few years ago and have been trying my best to forget that I did ever since... a bit like Leysin really!

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,991 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pls make my tour a unforgettable one.

A day trip to jungfraujoch also will be unforgettable as it doesn't actually fit into one day. You need to start off by looking at the hotel and finding where it is and the nearest bus stop and station. Then use your sbb app to find out where you can get to and get back from all on the same day. I have a feeling that you have chosen somewhere very quiet to stay where there aren't very early or very late buses.

London
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,942 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pls make my tour a unforgettable one.

Are you saying that you have booked your stay and cannot change it? If this is so, then we should be making feasible suggestions rather than suggest you alter your plans.

I too had to look up Nendez, which I associate with skiing and not a dual season resort. If it is where you will be, you can still have a great time in a 7 night stay. Get Swiss Saver passes and stick to excursions that are a reasonable distance away. You can experience some of Switzerland's finest spots and discover some places less travelled. Here are suggestions, in no particular order:

1. Mountain experience - Zermatt is just about doable with an early morning start. Make sure you choose a day when the weather will be fine and clear in Zermatt and above.

2. Martigny - Very doable on a day trip The Fondation Pierre Gianadda deserves to be a Swiss high spot. It combines art museum with some world class temporary exhibitions, fascinating vintage car collection, excellent parkland with modern sculptures, a Roman amphitheatre and museum. Nicer if it is sunny, but also a great rainy day option See www.gianadda.ch/wq_pages/en/informations/

3. Montreux surround - You can spend a whole day here. Chillon Castle near Montreux is a definite highlight. Perhaps go there by boat and return to Montreux on the pretty lakeside promenade. Also take the cogwheel train to Rochers de Naye above for some great views over lake Geneva and the thrill of the train ride.

4. If you are interested in wine, the Lavaux (wine region on the north shore of Lake Geneva) will be gorgeous this time of year. The villages are a delight, there are some good restaurants, you can indulge in wine tasting, and combine with a visit to the charming town of Vevey and perhaps time permitting Mont Pèlerin above Vevey.

5. Kandersteg - The Jungfrau area is too far for a day trip, but Kandersteg is a very charming traditional Swiss village in a stunning setting, and an excellent alternative to Wengen and Murren. Choose a clear day and go to Oeschinensee above Kandersteg See http://www.oeschinensee.ch/en/

6. Spend a day "in", relaxing / hiking in local scenery.

7. Spend a day in medieval Bern. Again, a good rainy day option though Bern more delightful in the sun. I love the Paul Klee museum just outside, building designed by Renzo Piano.

I hope this helps. Have a great time and do let us know how you get on.

swissfan

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
38,904 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pls make my tour a unforgettable one.

Swissfan - thanks for the more than kind words about Martigny and the Gianadda!! We are really very lucky to have the Fondation here in our town.

London
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,942 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pls make my tour a unforgettable one.

INDIA DEEPAK - Correction to my earlier post. Sadly the cable car to Oeschinensee above Kandersteg will not be running in November. Kandersteg itself is a delightful village but if the hotels and their restaurants are closed, I'm not sure it's worth travelling to. That leaves Zermatt as a "mountain experience", but a superb one.

Thinking of another alternative, but with longer travel than I would choose for a day trip: If he weather is clear, a trip to Gstaad via Montreux and the goldenpass route. It could take you over 3 1/2 hours each way but the train ride is interesting, especially the descent to Montreux. I suspect that Gstaad itself is too grand to be totally dead in November, though I have no personal knowledge.

Hambagahle - Yes, you are lucky to have the Gianadda in your back yard. I hope that my "kind words" contribute to give it the recognition it deserves. At the same time, I don't want TOO many tourists to discover it!

London
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,942 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pls make my tour a unforgettable one.

INDIA DEEPAK - Oops, sorry, I was getting myself into a muddle. I was confusing your itinerary with another in November I had replied to. Of course when you travel the cable car to Oeschinensee is running, so that option is back on the table. And it's a really good one, I think. A chance to experience the Bernese Oberland without going the distance to the Jungfrau area. You can always combine it with a brief visit to Bern if you wish.

10. Re: Pls make my tour a unforgettable one.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2015, 05:17