We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help needed in planning my trip to swiss over a weekend

Bangalore...
2 posts
Save Topic
Help needed in planning my trip to swiss over a weekend

Yes, you read it right. I'm planning a trip for 2 days over a weekend and I know its a tight schedule, nevertheless I need your help in effectively planning my trip.

I'm landing on Zurich airport at 10'o in the night on Firday and I have a return flight from zurich at 9'o again on Sunday night.

I'm planning to visit lucerne/ interlaken during these 2 days. I dont have zurich city in my wishlist.

Could you help me in planning my trip with this information?

Can I board a train to lucerne at night from Zurich Arp on Friday night? ( I'm not sure if train runs during night or when is the earliest train?)

How expensive will it be if i book a cab to lucerne and travel in night?

By what time should I leave lucerne on sunday to ensure that I dont miss my flight on sunday?

Thanks in advance.

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
13,360 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help needed in planning my trip to swiss over a weekend

Hi Nithin_india

You can find all the train timetables on www.sbb.ch/en

The train you most probably will be able to take is the 23.02 H and there is even a later one if ever your aircraft would be delayed. These trains require a change at Zurich HB (main station). You will have enough time for that.

For fares look at the SBB site I gave you already.

Why Interlaken? Better stay in the Lucerne area and do a excursion there - see www.luzern.com and Top Questions about Lucerne (TA Lucerne forum) -.

pore

Bangalore...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help needed in planning my trip to swiss over a weekend

Thank you pore. That really helped.

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help needed in planning my trip to swiss over a weekend

Would suggest you stay the night at a hotel near Zurich airport. The Saturday morning , you can leave for Lucerne, do sightseeing and then check-in into hotel at Lucerne itself. Next day too, you can visit places around Lucerne. By 1900 hrs, you should be back at Zurich airport.

For Lucerne attractions, visit Lucerne TA forum page and click on links.

4. Re: Help needed in planning my trip to swiss over a weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2015, 06:18