We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swiss Air Carry-On Luggage

Norwalk
Level Contributor
114 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Swiss Air Carry-On Luggage

I know Swiss Air has a size and weight requirement for carry-on luggage ? Does any one know if they actually weigh the carry- on on a flight from the USA to Switzerland ? We have a backpack each They will be heavy, but easily in the overall size restrictions.

St. Moritz...
Destination Expert
for St. Moritz, Engadin St. Moritz
Level Contributor
4,248 posts
421 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swiss Air Carry-On Luggage

https:/…hand-baggage

Kent, England
Level Contributor
1,875 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Swiss Air Carry-On Luggage

I can't answer on flights from the US but travelling from the UK on Swiss International I rarely have my hand luggage weighed.

Norwalk
Level Contributor
114 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swiss Air Carry-On Luggage

Thanks for your reply. I asked this question because on Air Lingus on a flight between Edinburgh and Dublin they weighed our carry -ons and tried to charge $571 total because they were too heavy and would count as checked baggage.

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
47 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Swiss Air Carry-On Luggage

My carry on baggae has never been checked in the US or somewhere else flying Swiss.

However, the baggage dimensions were within the rules whereas the baggage weight was between 10-15kg :-)

Edited: 18 August 2014, 20:28
Easton, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,131 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Swiss Air Carry-On Luggage

Hi,

Have flown many times with Swiss Air, tourist class. They have never weighed my carry on bags. My ownly thought is, if you are not checking any other luggage, which I always do, they might check your carry on?? Good Luck

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,336 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Swiss Air Carry-On Luggage

I suppose the question is how heavy? Remember that you have to lift it into the overhead and, assuming you get a backpack that far, if it looks too heavy, the cabin crew may tell you it has to be checked. The carry-on that I put in the overhead is within the size limits but weighs 20 Kg. I can lift it easily so it never looks to anyone else to be very heavy and I've never been questioned.

7. Re: Swiss Air Carry-On Luggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2015, 06:18