We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in summer

England
Level Contributor
261 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
weather in summer

Hi

I was just wondering if anyone who lives in Switzerland could summarise how the weather in summer has been in general this year. We spent 3 weeks there in the Interlaken region last year and had glorious weather bar about 3 days. We loved it so much we are thinking of returning next year but I don't want the memories to be spoilt. So I was wondering if the whether what we experienced was typical as the mountain views and walks in the beautiful weather is what made it for us. I know weather can be unpredictable but I just wondered what the general trend is.

Thanks in advance

Maz

Zurich, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Zurich
Level Contributor
3,101 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in summer

The summer this year just hasn't appeared! You were lucky last year, but really we've had a lot of rain, cool temperatures and not many sunny days this season. As you say weather is unpredictable - especially in the mountains - but hopefully next summer will compensate for the conditions this year!

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
53,769 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in summer

In 2011 summer was also quite good generally, we visited Luzern/Lugano/Moritz/Zermatt/Basel. So probably 2014 was more or less the exception...

Tnx,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

England
Level Contributor
261 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in summer

That's what I thought as every time I looked at the webcams it seemed full of cloud with mountains covered and people wearing fleeces but I only looked sporadically. Oller is this year typical or untypical?

Maz

Zurich, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Zurich
Level Contributor
3,101 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather in summer

This summer has been the worst I remember. The amount of rain we got is certainly not usual, otherwise I probably would have emigrated a long time ago... On the other hand in Switzerland you can never count with sunny stable weather for weeks. That's why the landscape is so green here! So come here, enjoy the walks on sunny days and do some research for what to do in case of rain (museums, visit of cities etc). Always plan your activities on short term according to the weather forecast.

5. Re: weather in summer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2015, 05:16