We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Schengen Visa Question

Bangalore...
6 posts
Save Topic
Schengen Visa Question

Hi,

I have one query, my brother is visiting Luxembourg,Germany on work Schengen visa for 3 to 4days. Once after finishing his work he wants to travel to Switzerland for 5days for tourist purpose & then return back to india from zurich.

His port of landing is Luxembourg,Germany.

Can he enter Switzerland on tourist purpose for 5days ?

Can he travel back home from Zurich airport ?

Kindly help ?

Pradeep

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
12 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Schengen Visa Question

I'm a little confused with you saying Luxembourg, Germany. Luxembourg is an independent country in it's own right and is not a part of Germany. Switzerland is part of the schengen area though so he can travel through there and leave from Zurich airport. He should keep his passport with visa on him though and have preferably mentioned his itinerary to include Switzerland when booking the visa. Also he should make sure to have his return flight to India from Zurich booked in advance just to limit any potential hassle. Once he has been cleared to enter the schengen area though then it shouldn't be an issue to move across the borders. Contact the Swiss embassy if you're concerned just to double check.

Bangalore...
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Schengen Visa Question

Thanks for the info :)

3. Re: Schengen Visa Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2015, 06:16