We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 days in february

roh
munster
Level Contributor
188 posts
1 review
Save Topic
5 days in february

Hi all, i will be travelling with a friend to switzerland on 18th feb. arriving from frankfurt to zurich late at night and going from there. we've never been before so we would like to see as much as possible. could i get advice on the best and most scenic places to visit. how does the swiss card work? would it be advisable to purchase it for this trip? we do plan on using public transport a lot. also any advice on accomodation would be great. i know it is a very busy time of the year for skiing. we are just planning on sightseeing and a bit of hiking. all advice would be great. thank you

Basel, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
3,544 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 days in february

I think it is agood idea to buy the swiss card since it also gives you entrance to museums and can be used for the trams as well.

www.sbb.ch for details.

In 5 days you can see and do quite a lot.

Visit Basel - Luzern - Bern.

Go to Gruyéres and to Grimsel (/www.grimselwelt.ch).

Climb (not literally) to Jungfraujoch and to Titlis or schilthorn.

For hiking I suggest the Jura, lovely scenery and ideal for walking.

to see the websites just type the name of the city/area and then .ch - it works 99%

Or move directly to Graubünden and spend all five days there in the small villages, the national park etc.

brause www.myswitzerland.com for ideas. Pity, if you came a few days later there is fasnacht in Basel (starts the 26th).But go to Luzern the 19th there is a fasnacht parade (umzug) just then.

these are just some ideas to get you started, if yopu need more help for planning just ask

T.

roh
munster
Level Contributor
188 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 days in february

thank you for that information. it sounds interesting. i will be in lucerne on the 19th although quite late.

3. Re: 5 days in february

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 05:20