We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nice guesthouses?

roh
munster
Level Contributor
188 posts
1 review
Save Topic
nice guesthouses?

hi all,

are there any listings for guesthouses that i can browse through.? im not having great luck finding any. would like to stay in nice b&b at some stage of my trip. if anyone knows any good web address i would appreciate it. thank you.

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,719 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nice guesthouses?

look at www.bnb.ch

roh
munster
Level Contributor
188 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: nice guesthouses?

thanks altamiro

i have looked at this site but to be honest its very confusing for me. you have to fill in lots of details about where you need to go and as i dont know the exact areas its quite hard. are there any others? im planning on staying at lucerne for 2-3 nights from the 19th feb. i want to stay near to the town but would love a really nice guest house with a nice view without really breaking the bank. i think lucerne is a good choice as it is pretty central and we can travel around during the day. I have 3 more nights after that and i plan on going to some of the villages in switzerland. are there any that would be really nice?

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,719 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nice guesthouses?

>you have to fill in lots of details about where you need to go and as i dont know the exact areas its quite hard.

There is a map-based search function under "booking". If you don't know where you are going to go it is hardly possible to look for a room, isn't it?

>are there any others?

Sure - but this is the only one I know of. You can look at hotel booking websites like hrs.de and hotels.de too.

>i want to stay near to the town but would love a really nice guest house with a nice view without really breaking the bank.

In this, I am afraid I can't help. If I want to go to Lucerne I just take the train and am there in 45 min.

>i think lucerne is a good choice as it is pretty central and we can travel around during the day. I have 3 more nights after that and i plan on going to some of the villages in switzerland. are there any that would be really nice?

There are A LOT of villages in Switzerland that are really nice.

Do you want the ones with a full tourist infrastructure or ones where you are the only tourist?

roh
munster
Level Contributor
188 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: nice guesthouses?

altamiro, i have actually managed to navigate the site you have mentioned!! its just what i am looking for. these are the type of places that would interest me. lucky you only 45 mins from lucerne> i dont really want overload on the tourist thing. i would like to see the real thing. Im trying to put together a bit of a plan for the trip so im looking at all options. thanks again.

5. Re: nice guesthouses?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 09:22