We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train Schedules

Which Canton of Appenzell hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
40 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Train Schedules

I have had no luck in finding European Train Schedules that show all the local stops. Eurail sites show only the major destinations and times. I would appreciate it if someone could advise me where to search for train schedules covering all the local stops for all of Europe.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
127 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train Schedules

dont think its feasible with a scope of all local stops for all of europe.....you will probably have to go to each local transport entity and look at their schedules

for CH its http://www.sbb.ch/en/ even then you have to know where you want to get on/off. You may find comprehensive route maps but maybe you will have to default to some of the better road maps that show train lines and stops

wish I could be of more help, maybe someone out there knows of a resource for all europe

Steve

Hanover, Germany
Level Contributor
1,277 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Train Schedules

Have a look at -- www.Bahn.de --, there you can get a lot of infos and even if you want to know details about specific trains, this site will show you.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
88 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train Schedules

I've found the mentioned sbb.ch website to be very good. After you pick two cities, you can see the connecting routes and the trains complete route within that route. Was that confusing or what?

For example, I wanted to see the Nice to Eze times and upon clicking on the route number, I could see that the train originated in Cannes and ended in Virgmilia-something. This is the case with all trains. Once you get familiarized with the site, it is extremely useful.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
40 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train Schedules

Thanks to Tenveux. I tried a couple lesser known intercounty towns using SBB and got the info I was looking for.

Get answers to your questions about Canton of Appenzell