We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train from Basel to Paris

Which Basel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bergen
11 posts
Save Topic
train from Basel to Paris

I am looking for some info for a train from Basel to Paris for my brother and his wife. It would be on a Sunday, April 13th 2008. Does anyone know how far the station is from the port on the river and what the cost is for a train ticket? Tak, if you are reading this, I would love some input from you if you know. Also, what times the trains run would be helpful. Thanks for any input.

Redpat

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,078 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: train from Basel to Paris

Hi, yhou can get all the train schedules at the Swiss Rail website - English pages -

www.sbb.ch/en

Fares are listed there as well. It appears the TGV is 138 SF for one way, 2nd class

Hope this helps until Taks comes online! Hi, Taks.

Basel / Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,709 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: train from Basel to Paris

I haven't seen taksi for quite some time on this forum.

With the taxi it is 15 minutes from the port to railway station SNCF. It will cost about CHF 20.--.

Basel, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
3,540 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: train from Basel to Paris

hallo Redpat,

for the train schedules have a look at the site that kileysmom suggested: www.sbb.ch.

there is a TGV train that goes directly from Basel to Paris and leaves from (normally) platform 5 from the SBB main station at 08:02, 10:55 15:02 and 19:02 hours. You must have a reservation for this train.

There are more trains of course between Basel and Paris, with one change in Strasbourg (of which you might want to profit and spent a couple of hours there-it is a very beautiful city)for whch I do not kno wif you need reservations beforehand.

I think the best thing for you to do is to plan when you want to go and buy the tickets and reservations online (from the site above) This will save time queing at the station.Plus you can profit from the offers.

browse a bit for the prices, because there are good offers to be found. The one that is permanent is the piccolisimo and Piccolo:

mct.sbb.ch/mct/…prems.htm

the distance between your port of arrival (Dreiländereck) and the railroad station is about 7 kilometres and there are trams but it will be more easy to get a taxi. Do not worry about that, taxi drivers are honest in Switzerland. It will cost you about 25 to 30 swiss francs (22 to 27 usd). Make clear that you want The SBB Railroad Station and not the Badischer Bahnhof.

I hope this helps a bit. Pls ask if you have more questions

take care

Tak

PS: hallo back at you kileysmom. Sorry for not being in contact or in the forum- I am a bit under the weather.

Bergen
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: train from Basel to Paris

Tak and other responders

Thanks again for your wonderful help. I will pass this info on to my brother and his wife who are going to Paris after our river cruise. You are always most helpful. I hope you are feeling better, Tak.

Redpat

5. Re: train from Basel to Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 03:16