We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tram Stops

Which Basel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dorchester, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Tram Stops

On Saturday 26 December I am dining at the restaurant Lowenzorn at 19:30. I believe that I can get a tram 8 or 11 to Marktplatz from basel bahnhof SBB and then have a 5 min. walk to the restaurant. I will need to get a tram around 22:00 to return to bahnhof SBB but I do not think that trams return from Marktplatz at that time of night. Please can anyone advise me where to get the tram and the number to get back?

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,710 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tram Stops

>I will need to get a tram around 22:00 to return to bahnhof SBB but I do not think that trams return from Marktplatz at that time of night.

Is there any reason why you do not think so?

Because the trams run usually until after midnight.

Basel / Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,709 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tram Stops

Although Basel is a village

the last tram No. 8 runs at 1 a.m. ( one hour after midnight) in direction of railway station.

Even if you miss this one , it is a 15 minutes walk through Steinenvorstadt-Heuwaage-up to the railway station. You can have a final beer at Paddy o' Reilly's at Heuwaage til 3 a.m. :-)

Basel / Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,709 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tram Stops

I forgot to mention, tha the closest station to restaurant Löwenzorn is Marktplatz, and that you can either choose no. 8 or no. 11 (yellow coloured tram).

by the way: From Marktplatz to Restaurant Löwenzorn walk through Hutgasse up the hill, pass Hotel Basel on it's right side, further up Spalenberg and then turn into Gemsberg. You will see the Restaurant immediately. (p.s.: The restaurant is very beautiful, I mean the building, but I don't like the food there)

4. Re: Tram Stops

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2010, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Basel