We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TGV Basel to Paris questions

Which Basel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
900 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
TGV Basel to Paris questions

We will be arriving in Basel from Lucerne with only 9 minutes to change to the TGV to Paris. I know that the Swiss have an amazing reputation for being on time (love it!), but is 9 minutes really enough time? Also, does the TGV arrive at the CDG airport Paris station?

Southport UK
Level Contributor
933 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: TGV Basel to Paris questions

The TGV from Basel to Paris arrives at Paris Est. Another train is required to get to the airport.

If you use the www.fahrplan.sbb.ch rail planner it goes from Luzern to Strasbourg and then onto another TGV direct to the airport. They give the train you are suggesting as a direct connection. However when I am going to Basel fro the TGV I leave Luzern on the train that leaves at 30 minutes past the hour and arrives in Basel with 18 minutes transfer time.

Edited: 08 March 2010, 17:44
Basel, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
3,544 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TGV Basel to Paris questions

too risky, give yourself some more time. especially since you will have reservations on teh TGV and you do not want to miss them. plus you will have to get new ones and that is not as easy (or cheap).

laos make sure from where you will take teh tgv, Basel SBB or Basel SBB Gl. 30-35 ?

if it is the second, youz must calculate about 15 minutes. it is in teh same building and not very far away, but till you find it, negotiate the unyielding crowds etc... it takes time

tak

3. Re: TGV Basel to Paris questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2010, 06:15