We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

quaint small hotel in Basel

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
36 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
quaint small hotel in Basel

We plan to be in Basel by train from Frankfurt on Sunday 2nd September as tourist, any suggestion of hotel, B&B or service apartment for a couple?

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Level Contributor
13,192 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: quaint small hotel in Basel

Hi wasabe88,

It would be helpful if we knew your budget range -- there are many very sweet, small hotels in Basel, but they are pricey.

I personally would stay on the river, so that means the Hotel Krafft or the Drei Könige.

Have fun as you plan!

s

Basel / Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,710 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: quaint small hotel in Basel

Hotel Krafft is a very good choice. Hotel Basel is in the very (more or less pedestrian) area. Hotel Rochat is close to that area and budget.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: quaint small hotel in Basel

Hotel City Inn is small and very quaint in an odd srt of way and is situated right near the railway station

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
36 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: quaint small hotel in Basel

Thanks for the suggestion of river hotel, something new to us! I am sure it will be fun...does it come with kitchenette like the boat house in Holland? Our per night budget is range of 60 to 80 euro or not more than usd100/night all inclusive i.e. all local sales tax etc.. Thanks guys, appreciate very much!

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: quaint small hotel in Basel

I think when she says right on the river, she means it in the sense of right by the river (rather than a river boat)....let me know if I'm wrong H!

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Level Contributor
13,192 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: quaint small hotel in Basel

Hi again,

NorthWestLondoner is exacty right -- I meant to stay in a hotel at the river's edge, not on a houseboat on the river!

I think that's a pretty low budget for two people for Basel -- the Hotel Rochat mentioned above is 170 chf or 150 Euro for a double. You may want to look into a B&B or a hostel. Take a look at

www.bnb.ch

Good luck with your search!

s

7. Re: quaint small hotel in Basel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2012, 23:34
8. Re: quaint small hotel in Basel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2013, 10:17