We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We leave today!

Which Basel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
We leave today!

Just wanted to send out a big thank you to all of you that helped me plan this wonderful 5 week trip for my family. We leave at 7pm this evening and should be in Basel by 13h tomorrow. After the past week we've had (stomach flu, car break down, lost visa card, etc), I started to wonder if we'd ever actually get on the airplane but the bags are at the door and I'm just taking the kids out to take pics of the neighbourhood to show some of the kids we meet what Canadian life is like. So again, thank you so much to Taks, Maetzli, Canswiss, Mrs. H, Kileysmom and all the others that were able to help. I'm sure I'll be asking more questions once we arrive :-)

Basel, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
3,543 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We leave today!

enjoy your trip!

The weather is wonderful, if it all goes to plan .) you will arrive in a warm, blue skied Basel.

be excited, you are going to have a great time.

hug

tak

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We leave today!

Thanks Tak! Great to hear about the weather. You never can tell :-) Its been as hot as hades here the past few days... and I've been too busy packing to get the kids in the pool... they understand but haven't been impressed.

Basel, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
3,543 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We leave today!

they can swimm in the river tomorrow .)

Basel, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
3,543 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: We leave today!

I got you some football games you might want/ can see

http://www.uhrencup.ch/index.php/en/schedule

Scroll all the way down.

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: We leave today!

Ahhhh! Monday the 8th or even Tuesday the 9th are perfect! Are both being held in Basel? ... wait now, probably stupid question. Only the 8th has Basel playing. That one would be wonderful! How do we get tix?

Basel, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
3,543 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: We leave today!

Nope, they play in Grenchen! It is the Uhrencup.

It is played in a very old fashioned stadium and it is not half bad.

You go by train, it is about an hour from Basel, in the Jura.

You can get tickets here: www.starticket.ch/0showlist.asp…

But I am 99% Sure (Not to say 100%) you will find outside the stadium.

7. Re: We leave today!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2014, 06:18