We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BVB ticket machines at BSL

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,004 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
BVB ticket machines at BSL

Do the ticket machines at Basel airport for the bus #50 to Basel SBB accept banknotes as well as coins?

Basel / Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,710 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BVB ticket machines at BSL

Only coins or debit cards ("Maestro"), I believe, and so it is mentioned here:

www.bvb.ch/en/tickets-fares/ticket-machines

Anyway. If you stay at a Basel hotel the hotel voucher will be your ticket. If you travel on to somewhere in Switzerland, you can buy your ticket at the Swiss railway counter, opposite the customs exit. i.e Euroairport to Lucerne. then the bus trip is already included in the price.

Edited: 20 August 2014, 23:39
Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,004 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BVB ticket machines at BSL

Hotel voucher?

Do you mean I simply have to show the driver a booking confirmation or is there a specific voucher I need?

Basel / Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,710 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BVB ticket machines at BSL

You don't have to show it to the driver, only in case of a control. At your Hotel you will get the mobility pass.

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,004 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BVB ticket machines at BSL

Thanks again!

Out of interest, will the SBB counter in the arrivals hall sell a ticket for the bus only?

Basel / Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,710 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BVB ticket machines at BSL

i'm not sure. but for sure they can change CHF or EUR notes for coins. The ticket machine accepts both currencies.

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,004 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: BVB ticket machines at BSL

Danke sehr!

Basel / Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,710 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: BVB ticket machines at BSL

Bitte, gern geschehen!

8. Re: BVB ticket machines at BSL

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2015, 05:16